Blueair 503 Air PurifiersOur Expert Rating:
The Blueair 503 Air Purifier with HEPASilent Filters has been discontinued.
The Blueair 503 air purifier has been discontinued. As an alternative we recommend the Blueair Classic 505 Air Purifier. Replacement filters are available for purchase below.
If you have a larger sized room, you may want to consider the Blueair 600 Series for rooms up to 698 sq. ft., or for a smaller sized room the Blueair 400 Series covers up to 365 sq. ft.
See the entire family of Blueair air purifiers.
- For high-efficiency particle removal and odor control
- Maximum room coverage: 1406 sq. ft (2 air changes/hr)
- Recommended room coverage: 580 sq. ft (5 air changes/hr)
- Award winning Swedish design
- HEPASilent™ Filtration technology
- Captures 99.97% of all particles down to 0.1 microns
- Internal ionizer
- Zero ozone emission
- 4 fan speeds
- Near silent operation: 32-66 dB(A)
- Manual controls
- Air inflow through bottom & sides, outflow through top & sides
- 4 caster wheels
- Energy Star qualified
- CARB certified
- Putty color with dark grey grills
- Galvanized steel housing with powder coated finish
- Assembled in the China
Blueair 500 Series SurroundAir™ system achieves peak performance without annoying drafts by drawing in dirty air from the sides and bottom moving it through a less dense filter media, and releasing clean, filtered air from the sides and top.
Click to enlarge
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Airborne Particulate Filtration|
|2. Gas, Chemical & Odor Filtration|
|3. Room Coverage|
|4. Noise Rating|
|5. Filter Life & Replacement Costs|
|6. Ease of Operation & Filter Replacement|
|7. Quality of Construction: Air-tight design, no off-gassing|
|8. Electronic Filter Life Monitoring|
|9. Manufacturer's Credibility, Warranty & Return Policy|
|10. Quality of Filters|
|11. Value for Price|
This Blueair is their original model and continues to be one of their most sought after air purifiers. Its fine Swedish design and quality are responsible for the construction and performance that would be expected in an air cleaner costing much more. It is simple to operate and maintain and will clean a larger than average room.
- Unique filtration technology combines electrostatic and HEPA-like technology for a performance beyond most residential HEPA filters
- Polypropylene filter material is water-repellent and naturally retards mold and mildew growth eliminating the need for chemical-based bacteria or mold inhibitors that are used in most residential glass fiber HEPA filters
- Less filter restriction allows the Blueair to push more air volume through its filters than any other top HEPA machine, while operating at a reduced noise level
- Its high air flow: is great for quick cleaning and the lower, almost silent speeds provide the ideal operation level for continuous day or night use when you are in a room
- The award winning design of the Blueair 500 series is not only stylish and very efficient, it also allows for easy filter changes that take less than a minute of your time
- Safe use of electrostatic technology without producing ozone or off-gassing
- Durable steel construction: the grills and powder-coated steel exterior are easy to wipe clean, and won't pick up grime or oily stains the way plastics can, and they do not off-gas
- Filter Change Indicator: the 503 includes a magnetic timer that reminds you to change your filters every 6 months as recommended for optimal performance of your Blueair air purifier.
Summary:We highly recommend the Blueair 503 series for its quiet operation and ability to clean a larger than average room. We like the fact that one can run it on speed 3 to clean a large bedroom while operating at a noise level to not affect one’s sleep. We love Blueair's simple design and operation along with the steel construction and the simplicity of changing the filters. We feel Blueair should have included a separate pre-filter to extend the life of the main filter from 6 months to 1 year. Furthermore, filtration performance could be increased by an improvement in the seal between the filter and the housing to prevent some residual air flow by-passing which was evident when we measured the particle count of the air in certain locations. However, our overall impression of this air purifier warrants a 'very good plus' rating due to its cleaning performance by achieving a high number of air changes per hour while maintaining a quiet environment for those who are sensitive to noise. If you demand a quiet, reliable and simple to use air purifier for a medium to large size room, this product would be the choice.
Blueair 503 Air Purifier with HEPASilent Filters
Blueair 503 Air Purifier with HEPASilent Filters
- Size: 26'H x 20W' x 13'D
- Cleaning range: cleans air in rooms up to 580 sq. ft.
- Fan speeds: 4
- Controls: manual dial
- Included Filters: 3 HEPASilent™ filters of polypropylene (traps particles) with a very small amount of activated carbon (removes some gases and odors)
- Recommended for: general indoor air pollution control including pollen grains, house dust mites, mold spores, pet dander and light household gases and odors
Technical Specifications of Blueair 503 Air Purifier with HEPASilent Filters
|Blueair 503 Air Purifier with HEPASilent Filters|
|Square Foot Coverage|
|Square Foot Coverage||580 sq. ft. (5 air changes per hour)|
|Power Requirements||AC 120V, 60 Hz|
|Energy Consumption||35-120 watts|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)||Smoke = 375, Dust = 375, Pollen = 375|
|Delivered Air Flow|
|Delivered Air Flow||90-414 CFM|
|Dimensions||26'H x 20'W x 13' D|
|Warranty||5 year limited warranty|
Video Reviews of Blueair 503 Air Purifier with HEPASilent Filters
Filters & Accessories for Blueair 503 Air Purifier with HEPASilent Filters
Blueair 500/600 Series HEPASilent Particle & Gas Filter Set
Includes 3 HEPASilent particle & gas filters for the Blueair 501, 503, 550E, 601, 603, 650E air purifiers. One complete filter change. Replace every 6 months.
Availability: In Stock. Ships Same or Next Business Day. Does Not Ship to Canada.
BL AP GAS