Amaircare XR100 Portable Car Air Purifiers
The Amaircare XR100 Portable Car Air Purifiers has been discontinued.
As an alternative we recommend the QuietPure Auto HEPA Car Air Purifier by Aerus.
See all of our available Amaircare Air Purifiers.
Amaircare XR100 Portable Car Air Purifiers are ideal for someone who...
- Wants to filter the toxins from the air in a car, truck cab, boat, RV, home, office, and even hotel room - these air purifiers are portable
- Is sensitive to dust, pollen, cigarette smoke, fumes, odors, and gases that come from the road, other vehicles and the surrounding environment
- Wants a portable air purifier that doesn't take up passenger space in a car, and blends in with the interior
- Wants a cigarette lighter adapter that powers air purifiers
- Prefers air cleaners that are easy to maintain, with air filter changes needed only every 4-6 mos.
- Three-stage portable air purifier filtration - captures large particulates and odors, sub-micron particles such as dust, pollen, cigarette smoke, bacteria and more, removes gases, fumes and odors
- Easy to maintain - all that's needed is periodic filter changes
- Takes up no passenger space - mounts safely behind the seat. (It can be placed anywhere in the car, as long as the air purifier is secured tightly.)
- Handsome design - looks great in any automobile
- Conveniently plug into your vehicle's cigarette lighter - air purifiers run off your car's own power
- Included with car air purifiers: Cigarette lighter adapter with 7 foot cord, polyester adjustable mounting strap with clip for attaching air purifiers to back of headrest or wherever suitable.
XR-100's Air Changes per Hour (ACH)
(How many times can all the air in a vehicle/area/room be cleaned through the filter each hour?)
Small Car (2-seats)
(Approx..75 cubic ft)
Medium Car (4 seats)
(Approx.. 150 cubic ft)
Small SUV (6 seats)
(Approx.. 240 cubic ft)
Large SUV/Van (8 seats)
(Approx.. 300 cubic ft)
Three-Stage Portable Air Purifier Filtration:
click to enlarge
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Airborne Particulate Filtration|
|2. Gas, Chemical & Odor Filtration|
|3. Room Coverage|
|4. Noise Rating|
|5. Filter Life & Replacement Costs|
|6. Ease of Operation & Filter Replacement|
|7. Quality of Construction: Air-tight design, no off-gassing|
|8. Electronic Filter Life Monitoring||N/A|
|9. Manufacturer's Credibility, Warranty & Return Policy|
|10. Quality of Filters|
|11. Value for Price|
- Made from steel with a powdered coated finish so it will not off gas.The steel housing also makes it very durable.
- Adequately removes sub-micron particles considering it is not a HEPA filter system
- Air flow provides 4 to 16 air changes per hour depending on the size of the vehicle which will quickly and efficiently clean the air inside
- Very easy to install and operate just attach unit to the back of you headrest and plug in the DC adaptor, and it goes to work
- 5 year warranty on the motor and fan protects your investment
- It has no indicator to inform you when the filters need to be replaced
- Changing the filters takes a little bit of time and effort and requires a screw driver
- The filters should be replaced the filter every 4 to 6 months and with a replacement costs of $34.95, it quickly adds up $70 to $105 a year
Summary:The XR100 is a small investment for clean car air. With a steel body it is durable and should last you quite some time. You are however, going to spend a bit of money on replacement filters since they need to be replaced every 4 to 6 months for maximum filtration efficiency. This unit is designed to be used in a car and easily attaches to the back of a headrest and comes standard with a DC adaptor. It immediately turns on when plugged in so there is no awkwardness trying to turn it on once you're buckled your seat. Its filtration performance is quite impressive, considering it's not a HEPA filter. During testing it removed 83% of particles down to 0.3 microns on the first pass, and since it achieves 4-16 air changes each hour (depending on car size), within an hour the air inside your car is going to be clean and fresh – no more sneezing! The filter also contains a carbon and a zeolilte filter layer to address common car odors - a huge plus for those who eat in their cars or have furry passengers. The biggest downfall to this unit is filter changes. Since there is no filter change indicator and because you can not easily see the filters without removing them, you have to keep good track of how long the filters have been in use in order to maintain the recommended filter change schedule. Removing the filters is not hard, but it does require some work and a screwdriver. However, you do get to replace all 3 filters at the same time which is convenient.
Technical Specifications of Amaircare XR100 Portable Car Air Purifiers
|Amaircare XR100 Portable Car Air Purifiers|
|Square Foot Coverage|
|Square Foot Coverage||up to 300 cubic feet|
|Power Requirements||110/115V AC, 12VDC|
|Energy Consumption||4.5 watts w/ AC adapter|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)||Not tested by AHAM|
|Rated Air Flow of Fan|
|Rated Air Flow of Fan||n/a|
|Delivered Air Flow|
|Delivered Air Flow||20 cfm|
|Dimensions||8' D x 3.5'H|
|Warranty||5-year limited warranty|
Video Reviews of Amaircare XR100 Portable Car Air Purifiers
Filters & Accessories for Amaircare XR100 Portable Car Air Purifiers
Availability: Usually ships within 5 business days