Amaircare 2500 Air PurifiersSee all verified customer reviews
Amaircare HEPA air purifiers offer excellent particle removal. Now featuring electronic controls with replace filter indicators. These air purifiers filter out dust, pet dander, pollen, dust mites, mold spores and odors. See Amaircare 2500 ratings and reviews. Enjoy free shipping on all Amaircare Air Purifiers.
See all of our available Amaircare Air Purifiers.
- For airborne particle and VOC removal
- Maximum coverage: 650 sq. ft. (2 air changes/hr)
- Recommended coverage: 225 sq. ft. (6 air changes/hr)
- Small room air purifier
- True HEPA filter (50 sq. ft of media w/ 10 pleats per inch)
- Traps 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns
- Non-woven carbon post filter
- Optional 8 lb carbon filter
- Separately changeable filters
- Individual filter change timers
- Electronic touch-pad controls
- 3 speed fan
- Low noise level
- 360° air intake, 240° outflow
- No casters
- UL and CSA approved
- Colors: Black, White or Sandstone
- All metal housing
- Made in Canada
- Room air is drawn into the system via the 360° intake grill.
- The air first moves through the carbon pre-filter. This filter captures large particles, odors and VOC.
- Next the air moves through the HEPA filter which captures airborne pollutants 0.3 microns or greater.
- Last, the air moves through a carbon post-filter for additional removal of odors and VOC.
- Purified air is then returned to the room via four evenly spaced outflow grills.
- Pre-filter: replace every 3 - 6 months for normal household use.
- HEPA Filter: replace every 2 - 5 year for normal household use.
- Optional VOC carbon Filter: replace every 2 years for normal household use.
- Carbon post-filter: replace every 3 - 6 months for normal household use.
Note: Filter life is based on continuous operation. Filter life will be longer if only used periodically. When used in heavily polluted environments filters will need to be changed more often.
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Airborne Particulate Filtration|
|2. Gas, Chemical & Odor Filtration|
|3. Room Coverage|
|4. Noise Rating|
|5. Filter Life & Replacement Costs|
|6. Ease of Operation & Filter Replacement|
|7. Quality of Construction:|
|8. Electronic Filter Life Monitoring|
|9. Manufacturer's Credibility, Warranty & Return Policy|
|10. Quality of Filters|
|11. Value for Price|
AllergyBuyersClub has sold Amaircare products for many years but only air purifiers designed for auto and whole house solutions. We decided to take a second look at Amaircare's portable air purifiers and were quite pleased with the results of our testing.
- Dependable true HEPA particle filtration. Our testing showed an average particulate removal of 97.8% efficiency at 0.3 microns and greater on the first air pass.
- Carbon pre and post filters are sufficient for removal of basic odors.
- Optional 8 lb. carbon VOC filter is good for situations where higher volumes of VOC or chemicals are of concern.
- Quiet operation on low fan speed.
- Touch pad control panel indicates when each filter needs to be replaced.
- Quality steel construction.
- Very good manufacturer warranty that covers the fan and motor for 5 years and parts and labor for 1 year.
- Replacing the filters on the Amaircare air purifier takes a few minutes and requires a phillips head screwdriver.
Summary:The Amaircare 2500 is a compact air purifier and would be a good fit for a small to medium sized bedroom or office. It is an excellent candidate for removing general allergies, as it averaged a whopping 97.8% efficiency for particle removal down to 0.3 microns. The carbon pre and post filters are able to help dissipate common household odors from cooking or cleaning, but if your indoor environment is polluted by a more constant or strong source of chemicals or VOCs, we highly recommend upgrading to the Amaircare 2500 VOC air purifier that includes the 8 lb carbon filter. We are very pleased that Amaircare upgraded the 2500's variable dial controls to an electronic touch pad control featuring individual filter change timers. This not only helps the user know when to change the filters but eliminates the buzzing sound that was caused by the variable fan control.
Technical Specifications of Amaircare 2500 HEPA Filter
|Amaircare 2500 HEPA Filter|