AllerAir Air Purifiers for MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivities)
The AllerAir 5000 D/MCS Replacement MCS Pre-filter (4 per pack) has been discontinued.
This air purifier is currently unavailable for purchase.
As an alternative please see the Airpura C600 air purifier.
AllerAir Air Purifiers for MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivities) are ideal for someone who...
- Has multiple chemical sensitivities (MCS)
- Can become ill as a result of exposure to the off-gasing from materials in their surroundings
- Needs an air purifier made of materials that will not off-gas
- Granular activated carbon to adsorb thousands of chemicals and help relieve symptoms caused by perfumes, pesticides, fuels, carpets, and building materials.
- Constructed with no glue or bonding agents to ensure that not even the smallest traces of chemical vapors are released.
- Specialized carbon blends: some MCS sufferers can be irritated by particular types of carbon. A carbon test kit is available so you can try before you buy.
- Organic cotton pre-filter: the MCS series uses an unbleached, pesticide-free cotton pre-filter that is washable.
- All metal housing with powder-coating ensures that no harmful vapors are released.
- Burnt-in motor: motor has been run for 24 hours prior to installation to burn off any potential off-gassing.
- Optional UV germicidal light: To enhance filtration of germs, bacteria, and viruses.
- Optional Titanium Dioxide filter: This Quartzel® photocatalytic technology uses UV light to activate the titanium dioxide destroying volatile organic compounds, hazardous chemicals, and harsh odors. Ideal for the treatment of heavy airborne toxins and particles.
- 3 Finishes: Glossy, eggshell or hammered. Hammered texture does not show scratches as easily, and is preferred over glossy or eggshell finishes.
- Colors: Please see color samples on the right.
- Excellent chemical, odor, and particulate control.
- Special construction to avoid material off-gassing.
- No glue, bonding agents, rubber, or silicone are used for the filters or gaskets.
- Cotton pre-filter used instead of the normal poly filter.
- A carbon test kit is required prior to purchase of an MCS air purifier.
- Though not frequent, filter maintenance is expensive.
- Turbo speed is noisy and is best for quick cleaning a room before or after people are present. (Run unit on low or high when people are in the room)
Summary:The MCS series are the ideal air purifiers for anyone who is sensitive to the chemicals and particulates present in their environment. These air purifiers are constructed of materials that will not off-gas and add to symptoms. For serious chemical and gas control we recommend the D/MCS model featuring 24 lbs. of carbon. Since some MCS sufferers can be irritated by certain carbons, the purchase of the carbon test kit is required to help select the carbon type that is best for you.
AllerAir 5000 D/MCS Replacement MCS Pre-filter (4 per pack)
Technical Specifications of AllerAir 5000 D/MCS Replacement MCS Pre-filter (4 per pack)
|AllerAir 5000 D/MCS Replacement MCS Pre-filter (4 per pack)|