Airpura T600 Tobacco Smoke Air PurifiersOur Expert Rating:
Airpura Air Purifiers for tobacco smoke, smoking areas, second hand smoke. Airpura T600 Air Purifier removes odors and chemicals from cigar smoke and cigarette smoke.
Airpura T600 Tobacco Smoke Air Purifier
Tar barrier pre-filter, 26 lb. activated carbon, Micro-barrier filter, variable control. Covers up to 1575 sq. ft.
AVAILABILITY: Temporarily on backorder. Will ship in 3-4 weeks.
0% interest for 12 months* for qualifying purchases every day! 12 equal monthly payments Required.
View all of our Airpura Air Purifiers.
- smokes cigarettes or cigars inside their home.
- wants to remove second hand smoke from their indoor air.
- wants to clean the air in a public smoking area such as a restaurant, bar or waiting room.
- Specially designed for tobacco smoke and second hand smoke
- Maximum coverage: 2000 sq. ft. (2 air changes/hr)
- Large room air purifier
- Adsorbs the 400 harmful and carcinogenic chemicals found in tobacco smoke; including benzene, toluene, formaldehyde and known carcinogens
- TarBarrier pre-filter
- 2 Anti-microbial filters
- 26 lb carbon filter, 3" deep
- Micro-barrier particle post filter
- Separately changeable filters
- Variable Fan Speeds
- Low noise level
- Manual controls
- 360° air intake and outflow
- 4 casters
- ETL certified, conforms to CSA C22.2 no 113 ANSI/UL 507
- Colors: Black, White or Cream
- All metal housing
- Sealed motor chamber
- Sealed electrical chamber
- Pressure sealed filter chamber
- Felt gaskets
- Made in Canada
- Certified by the California Air Resources Board (CARB)
- Tar Barrier Pre-filter: replace every 2 months for private home use; once a month if used for public areas.
- Carbon Filter: replace every 2 years for private home use; every 3 months if used for public areas.
- Micro-Barrier Filter: replace every 1 year for private home use; every 3-6 months if used for public areas.
Note: Filter life is based on continuous operation. Filter life will be longer if only used periodically. When used in heavily polluted environments filters will need to be changed more often.
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Airborne Particulate Filtration|
|2. Gas, Chemical & Odor Filtration|
|3. Room Coverage|
|4. Noise Rating|
|5. Filter Life & Replacement Costs|
|6. Ease of Operation & Filter Replacement|
|7. Quality of Construction: Air-tight design, no off-gassing|
|8. Electronic Filter Life Monitoring||N/A|
|9. Manufacturer's Credibility, Warranty & Return Policy|
|10. Quality of Filters|
|11. Value for Price|
|12. Certified by the California Air Resources Board (CARB)|
The Airpura T600 is primarily for someone who is having a chronic issue with cigarette and cigar smoke and therefore needs a highly efficient carbon filter to remove the many different chemicals and odor associated with first and second hand smoke. The 3 inch deep layer and 26lbs of carbon in this machine results in a longer "dwell time". This means that its carbon filter will do a superior job at removing odors. It will also last longer before it needs replacing than other air purifiers which only have a carbon dust screen or contain much less quantity of carbon.
- Lots of high quality carbon. Our review team was impressed that the T600 uses a full 26 pounds of activated carbon which is formulated to absorb 4000+ chemicals and at least 60 carcinogens omitted into the air by tobacco smoke. This filter allows this air purifier to effectively remediate a room polluted by first or second hand smoke.
- Captures tar particles. The Airpura T600's pre-filter is specially designed to capture the tar and other large particle contaminant from cigarette and cigar smoke, helping to prolong the life of the carbon and micro-barrier filter. The pre-filter can be vacuumed from the outside to remove dust and other particles, again helping to prolong its useful life.
- Large room coverage. The Airpura T600 air purifier has one of the largest room coverages of any of our air cleaners at up to 2000 square feet achieving 2 air changes per hour. However, you would get the best results in a smaller space. We recommend a room size of 525 sq. ft. with 6 air changes per hour.
- MCS friendly. Airpura does not use any silicone, rubber, or plastic in their gaskets or internal parts and the body is made up of non-off gassing powder coated steel. Furthermore, the motor and electrical parts are separated in a sealed chamber that prevents any off-gassing while protecting the components from any of the contaminants.
- Relatively quiet. The Airpura T600 air purifier is able to move a large volume of air in a short time, but nevertheless, since you have infinite variable fan controls, you can select a noise level and air flow which suits your needs. Therefore, it can be as quiet as you need it to be. Considering the volume of air being moved, the highest speed was quieter than we expected, and medium or low settings were a very livable low level of background white noise. We decided to give it a favorable 4-star “very good” noise rating.
- Excellent warranty. We are always happy to hear that a manufacturer will stand behind their product and Airpura is no exception with their 5 year warranty on parts and 10 years on labor.
- We wish the Airpura T600 air purifier had some kind of filter life monitoring system which would help determine when a filter is saturated and needs to be replaced. To maintain filter efficiency, it is important to know how long you have been using each filter and to replace them at the appropriate time, neither too late nor too early. Users of this machine either track it themselves or guess when a filter needs replacing.
- The Micro-Barrier particle post filter is not a HEPA filter. It will remove most of the particulates in the air 1 micron and larger such as carbon dust, but does a poor job of removing sub micron size particles. This means for example that you would not use it for virus or finer allergen removal. To be fair, this is not what the machine was designed for.
- The filter replacement costs are on the high side with an annual replacement cost of around $280 depending on hours of usage each day. Luckily, the replacement filters do not all have to be replaced at the same time which allows you to spread the replacement costs out over a period of two years.
- Replacing the filters on the T600 is not complicated but it does require a bit of work and heavy lifting. To access the filters, you need to turn this 49 lb unit upside down and remove 4 screws from bottom plate. Keep in mind the carbon filter weighs a full 26 lbs and can be difficult for some to remove and replace on their own.
- This unit does not meet California requirements, and
cannot be shipped to California.
Summary:The Airpura T600 tobacco smoke air purifier is a very effective answer for any air quality issues involving tobacco smoke including second hand smoke, primarily cigarette and cigar smoke, thousands of harmful chemicals contained in tobacco smoke including benzene, toluene, formaldehyde and known carcinogens, plus any general chemicals and odors. The secret is its special tar trapping pre-filter and amazing 26 pound 3 inch deep bed of carbon for maximum dwell time and filtration. We are excited to be able to offer this air purifier and are confident you will agree that it is one of the best air purifiers available for residential and/or commercial smoke removal.
Technical Specifications of Airpura T600 Tobacco Smoke Air Purifier
|Airpura T600 Tobacco Smoke Air Purifier|
|Square Foot Coverage|
|Square Foot Coverage||up to 1575 sq. ft.|
|Power Requirements||115V or 220V|
|Energy Consumption||40 watts - 120 watts|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)||Not tested by AHAM|
|Rated Air Flow of Fan|
|Rated Air Flow of Fan||560 CFM|
|Delivered Air Flow|
|Delivered Air Flow||420 CFM|
|Decibels||28.1 db - 62.3 db (at distance of 6 ft)|
|Dimensions||23"H x 15"D|
|Warranty||5 years parts, 10 years labor|