by: Sam (Tusacaloosa, AL)
"With the harsh winter weather this year decided not to get just a humidifier but also an air washer as I was told they run cleaner. I couldn't believe how quiet this Winix FresHome air washer is and the convenience of the top fill so I didn't have to carry it filled with water made this it so much ..."
See entire review
Winix AW600 Air Washer
The Winix AW600 Air Washer 2-in-1 appliance humidifies dry air while simultaneously purifying the air. Cleans and humidifies up to 600 sq. ft. Includes 1 combination carbon/HEPA filter.
Availability: In Stock. Ships Same or Next Business Day.
Description of Winix AW600 Air Washer
The Winix AW600 Air Washer quietly humidifies while simultaneously removing allergens and large particulate from your air. This AW600 air washer utilizes evaporative fan-based humidification to improve the breathability of the air. Dry air is drawn across internal collection discs which catch allergens and pollutants. The disks are continually rinsed clean in a bath of water where the impurities become trapped and removed; thus allowing only clean water to return to the environment and maintain a health, beneficial humidity level. Just like Winix’s air purifiers, the AW600 air washer features Winix’s PlasmaWave Technology and HEPA air filtration that attacks remaining pollutants at the molecular level to neutralize viruses and bacteria. This air washer and humidifier is an excellent choice for use during flu season. The Winix AW600 Air Washer will humidify spaces up to 600 square feet.
- Dual air treatment cleans the air of dust, odor and pollutants while naturally adding humidity to the air
- Humidifies up to 600 square feet
- PlasmaWave™ Technology neutralize viruses, bacteria, chemical vapors, odors, and gases in the air
- CleanCel anti-microbial coating prevent the growth and proliferation of microorganisms
- Low-Water Auto Shut-Off
- Auto-Mode adjusts performance to desired level to maintain optimal humidity
- Sleep Mode dims the display lights and operates in the quietest mode to not disturb sleep
- Near silent operation—44 dB at highest fan speed
- 3 fan speeds for just the right desired needs
- Low energy consumption—only 16 watts
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Includes 1 combination carbon/HEPA filter—it is recommended that you replace the filter every 12 months for optimum performance
The Winix AW600 Air Washer's fan draws dry air across the internal collection discs which are continually rinsed in a bath of water. Airborne impurities stick to the rotating collection discs and then washed off and trapped in the water basin. Water is evaporated back into the room leaving the impurities behind. The AW600 air washer distributes up to 3.17 gallons per day of humidification to add comfort to the dry air in your home.
Your Winix AW600 Air Washer should be cleaned every two weeks or as needed. Simply rinse out the water basin and gently clean the collections discs with soap, a sponge and warm water. Additionally, discs can be safely and conveniently washed in the dishwasher.
Expert Review: Courtesy of AllergyBuyersClub.com
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Room Coverage|
|2. Level of Quietness|
|3. Filter Life & Cost of Replacement Cartridges|
|4. Amount of Maintenance Required|
|5. Anti-bacterial Features|
|6. Ease of Filling|
|7. Ease of Operation and Filter Replacement|
|8. Quality of Construction|
|9. Humidistat to select desired humidity level & hygrometer to display the actual humidity in the room|
|10. Frequency of Filling|
|11. Value for Price|
The Winix AW600 Air Washer offers a superior set of features that make this air washer a real contender for overall best-in-class. Sophisticated digital controls allow you to either manually control the air washer or choose its Auto Mode for set-it and forget-it operation. Plus this air washer is so quiet you might forget it is even in the room.
- Super quiet operation will not disturb your sleep or daily activities
- Economical 2-in-1 humidifier and air washer is a great buy for allergy sufferers
- The CleanCel anti-microbial coating prevents organic growth in the water and on the disks and reduces cleaning requirements
- The low water indicator and shut off function alert you that it is time to add water
- Energy consumption is very low at just 16 watts
The Winix AW600 Air Washer with HEPA/carbon filtration is similar to other air washers available but Winix has added many practical features that most buyers will appreciate. Our product testers all raved about the silent operation of the AW600 air washer's impeller technology, which is rated at 44 dB on its highest speed (but was barely detectable). The digital controls with LED screen are exceptionally easy to understand and adjust to your desired setting. Cleaning the AW600 air washer is also simplified thanks to Winix's CleanCel anti-microbial coating that does a terrific job of preventing that slimy organic growth both in the basin as well as on the rotating disks. Another proprietary feature to Winix is the PlasmaWave Technology which safely neutralize viruses, bacteria, chemical vapors, odors, and gases in the air before they even enter the air washer. All in all, there are enough features in the AW600 air washer to create a comfortable, healthy environment all winter long or year-round for those drier climates.
Winix AW600 Air Washer
|Room Coverage||Up to 600 sq. ft.|
|Tank Capacity||1.3 gallons|
|Noise Level||44 dB on high|
|Type of mist||Evaporative|
|Power Supply (Volt, Hertz, Watts)||120V/ 60Hz, 16 watts|
|Refilling duration||24 hours|
|Maximum Gallon Per Day (GPD) Output (24 hrs)||3.17 GPD|
|UL listed & FDA registered||UL Certified|
|Dimensions||17.7"H x 13.4"W x 13.4"D|