A Wonderful Purchase-Excellent Value!
by: daisyblueberry (Ontario, California)
"My doctor recommended I get an air purifier for my home. I looked on line with Consumer reports and find this particular item was their recommendation. It looks well built. It has a nice appearance for any room. It was packed and shipped nicely. There is some sound on high, but not any different tha..."
See entire review
Whirlpool Whispure 510 Air Purifiers AP51030K
Whirlpool Whispure 510 air purifier model AP51030K features electronic controls and high efficiency, ultra quiet, and 500 sq. ft coverage. Includes true HEPA filter with charcoal pre-filter. Whirpool Whispure 510 replacement filters available and an Energy Star certified product.
Availability: In Stock. Ships Same or Next Business Day.
Description of Whirlpool Whispure 510 Air Purifiers #AP51030K
Whirlpool® Whispure™ 510 air purifier is praised for its ultra quiet fan speeds, high efficiency particle removal and large area coverage. Featuring electronic controls and 4 fan speeds, including turbo setting to clear the air quickly and sleep mode for quiet operation while saving energy, this air purifier is a perfect fit for any room in the house up to 500 sq. ft. Its charcoal pre-filter traps light odors and pre-cleans the air before it passes through the true HEPA filter where 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns are captured. Bonus features include a 5-stage filter status indicator for both filters and the option to lock the controls. Backed by a 5 year warranty you can be confident in Whirlpool's performance and technology.
Whirlpool Whispure 510 Air Purifiers #AP51030K are ideal for someone who...
- Wants a high efficiency, ultra quiet air purifier
- Wants an air purifier with true HEPA filtration
- Needs an air purifier for a large room up to 500 sq. ft.
- Prefers electronic controls
- For rooms up to 500 square feet (with 4.8 air changes per hour)
- True HEPA filter has the ability to capture 99.97% of microscopic particles as small as 0.3 microns
- Charcoal pre-filter traps odors and pre-cleans the air before it reaches the HEPA filter
- Ultra quiet, high efficiency operation
- Electronic controls with 4 fan speeds
- Turbo setting for quick air cleaning
- Sleep mode for ultra quiet operation while saving energy
- Control lock function locks the controls to avoid unintended changing of the settings when the air purifier is on or off
- 5-stage filter status indicators for both HEPA and pre-filter
- Built-in carry handle for easy transportation from room to room
- Can be placed discretely against a wall and neutral color blends with any decor
- Integrated cord storage for a tidy look
- AHAM certified CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) of 315
- Energy Star qualified
Expert Review: Courtesy of AllergyBuyersClub.com
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Airborne Particulate Filtration|
|2. Gas, Chemical & Odor Filtration|
|3. Room Coverage|
|4. Noise Rating|
|5. Filter Life & Replacement Costs|
|6. Ease of Operation & Filter Replacement|
|7. Quality of Construction: Air-tight design, no off-gassing|
|8. Electronic Filter Life Monitoring|
|9. Manufacturer's Credibility, Warranty & Return Policy|
|10. Quality of Filters|
|11. Value for Price|
- Large room coverage
- Very quiet operation on all speeds, even turbo
- Excellent airborne allergen removal
- Convenient electronic controls with indicator lights
- Nicely designed with integrated cord storage for a neat and tidy look
- Filter life indicators for both filters
- Energy efficient and economical to run
- Charcoal pre-filter only has enough carbon to trap light odors and gases
- Silence insulation is made from foam and may not be ideal for the chemically sensitive
We were very impressed with the filtration and quietness of this air purifier. During our testing it significantly reduced the particle count in the room and we were more than impressed by how quiet it was, even on turbo. What's also impressive is its ability to clean such a large area for its size. This model is the most sophisticated of the Whirlpool air purifiers we carry. Its electronic controls and display panel is nicely labeled and easy to use. We really like the 5-stage filter status indicators not only because they let you know when to replace the filters, but they also let you see when they are near the end of their life so you can buy more and be ready when its time to replace. We recommend the Whirlpool® Whispure™ 510 air purifier for someone concerned with allergen and particulate removal. It does have a charcoal pre-filter that will address light household odors but it does not have the ability to remove strong odors, gas or VOC's. Also, because the silence insulation is made from foam we would not recommend this model for MCS sufferers.
Whirlpool Whispure 510 Air Purifier #AP51030K
|Square Foot Coverage||For large rooms up to 500 sq. ft. (4.8 air changes per hr)|
|Power Requirements||105 watts|
|Energy Consumption||115V, 60Hz, 1amp|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)||Smoke = 315, Dust = 325, Pollen = 401|
|Dimensions||20"W x 10" D x 24"H|
|Finish / Color||Black or White|
|Filters included||True HEPA filter and charcoal pre-filter|
|Fan Speeds||4 speeds|
|Intake and Outflow of air purifier||In through front, out through top|
|Mobility of Air Purifiers||Carry handle|
|Indicators||Power, fan speeds, sleep mode, control lock, 5-stage filter status for both HEPA and pre-filter|
|Fan Control||Electronic push button|
|Warranty||5 year limited warranty|
The True HEPA filter removes 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns, including Household Dust, Pet Dander, Tobacco Smoke, Mold Spores, Plant Pollens and Fabric Fibers. Includes 1 True HEPA Filter. Replace annually.
Availability: In stock
The activated charcoal pre-filter removes odors and captures large airborne particles before they reach the HEPA filter. Includes 1-year supply (4-pack). Replace every 3 months.
Availability: In stock