Final Day - No Extension!
5% Off any Order up to $400 w/promo code FALLFIVE
Watersafe Drinking Water Bacteria Test Kits
Check for the presence of bacteria in your drinking water with this do-it-yourself, EPA-based test kit. Includes detailed instructions and comparison table.
Availability: Ships out within 1-2 business days.
Description of Watersafe Drinking Water Bacteria Test Kits
Just because your water may not smell or taste bad, doesn't mean there may be the presence of small amounts of some kinds of bacteria. Such waterborne bacteria can cause health risks and can sometimes be deadly. Our Watersafe Drinking Water Bacteria Test Kit is an affordable, simple, do-it-yourself way to check for the presence of bacteria in your drinking water. The EPA-based kit provides you detailed instructions on how to perform the test along with a comparison table when analyzing the results. No need to send it to a lab! The Bacteria Test Kit is also small enough to take with you while traveling or on camping trips.
Watersafe Drinking Water Bacteria Test Kits are ideal for someone who...
- Would like a do-it-yourself, EPA-based test to check for the presence of bacteria in your drinking water.
- Would like an affordable, quick and easy test kit that will give accurate results without having to send info to a lab.
- Identifies Coliform Bacteria (like Fecal Coliform and E coli) in your drinking water
- Contains one EPA-based Coliform Bacteria test for your home tap water, detailed instructions and comparison table
- Test kit shows results in 48 hours - No need to send a sample of your water off to a lab
- Includes: One Bacteria Test vial, detailed instructions and comparison table
How do I perform the test
1. Take out the Bacteria Test vial and set upright on a flat surface
2. Collect water sample or turn on tap to a very slow stream
3. Carefully twist off cap and fill vial to 1/2 inch below the top (to 5ml line). Do not overfill and do not spill the bacterial growth powder in the vial
4. Replace cap and twist on tightly. Shake the vial vigorously for 20 seconds
5. Place the capped vial upright in a warm area (70° - 90°F) where it cannot be disturbed for 48 hours
6. After 48 hours, observe the color of the liquid without opening the vial
- Purple color: Negative Result (No bacteria were detected)
- Yellow Color: Positive Result (It is highly likely that potentially harmful bacteria were detected)
For positive results, add bleach to the sample before pouring down the toilet, then wash hands carefully. Negative samples may be poured directly into the toilet. Discard vial in the trash
Expert Review: Courtesy of AllergyBuyersClub.com