Watersafe Water Testing Science Project – 10 Pack
The Watersafe Water Testing Science Project contains test materials for up 10 types of water samples. You can test water for bacteria, lead, chlorine, pesticides, nitrates, nitrites, hardness and pH levels.
Availability: Ships out within 1-2 business days.
Description of Watersafe Water Testing Science Project – 10 Pack
Drinking clean water is essential for your health. The Watersafe Water Testing Science Project gives you the materials to effectively test your water for harmful particles. It enables you to test for lead, bacteria, pesticides, chlorine, nitrates, nitrites, pH levels and hardness of your water. As a benefit to students, the kit includes charts, data sheets and an interactive CD to help them analyze, record, compare and show their findings. The Watersafe Water Testing Science Project kits gives you the tools to perform science experiments right in your home!
Watersafe Water Testing Science Project – 10 Pack are ideal for someone who...
- Wants an interactive science kit to test for common contaminants that may be present in your drinking water
- Wants a scientifically-designed experiment for their next science project
- Includes the supplies needed to conduct a scientific experiment
- Contains test materials for 10 water samples
- Test your water for common contaminants:
- Bacteria: including strains of E. Coli that can cause an illness
- Lead: may cause developmental harm and neurological or kidney damage
- Pesticides: may come from agricultural uses and can be linked to increased cancer rates
- Nitrates/nitrites: come from animal waste and fertilizers and may cause developmental problems
- Chlorine: produces a bad smell and taste
- Hardness: this can cause lime scale build up
- pH level: may cause heavy metal (lead) leaching or plumbing damage
- Ready-to-use data sheets provide a place to record your results
- Interactive CD—enter your data and print out your results
- Test kits included: 1 bacteria test vial, 1 lead/pesticide test packet, 1 nitrate/nitrite test packet and 1 pH/hardness/chlorine test packet
- Included materials:
- Suggested project outline
- Presentation-ready data recording sheet
- Background information on water purity and ideas for water-source comparisons
Expert Review: Courtesy of AllergyBuyersClub.com
- Easy for elementary level students, yet scientifically-sophisticated enough for high school level experiments