See All Fall Specials Here!
$70 Off Any Order over $500 w/promo code FALL70
$25 Off Any Order over $200 w/promo code FALL25
A wonderful healthy comforter
by: Leslie G (RI)
"On the recommendation of a friend when I was going through menopause and got overheated using a down comforter,I tried out this wool comforter.I got the lightweight one since I tend to run hot and tended to sweat at nights.
The wool was lighter- much lighter than my down comforter- and is a very..."
See entire review
Solus Organic Wool Comforter
These comforters have been discontinued. As an alternative we recommend the Sleep & Beyond Certified Organic Wool Comforters.
Description of Solus Organic Wool Comforter
Our Solus Organic Wool Comforters are a delightful surprise and forever dispel the notion that wool is heavy and uncomfortable. The pure organic wool is all natural, chemical-free, and unsurpassed in purity; the secret to its lightness. If your current comforter sometimes leaves you too hot and sweaty at night, you will enjoy the breathability of our pure organic wool comforter. Wool's natural ability to regulate moisture and temperature will help keep you cooler in summer and warmer in winter.
See all of our Solus Organics Bedding Collection.
- 100% pure wool filling; certified organic by GOTS
- Carded layers of organic wool filling regulates moisture & body temperature
- Soft, 100% Pima organic cotton cover; certified organic by GOTS
- Cotton cover is quilted to the wool fill to ensure it will not migrate to the corners
- Medium weight comforter provides the perfect amount of comfort for moderate North-American climates or for cold sleepers
- Light weight comforter provides the perfect amount of comfort for summer months or warm climates
- Antibacterial, hypoallergenic and dust mite repellent
- Wool is naturally fire resistant
- No added chemicals, dyes or bleach used in fill or cover
- Wool is a natural renewable resource
- Sizes: Twin, Full, Queen, King
Wool fill is 100% organic, certified through GOTS. The pure wool is shorn from Corriedale sheep that have grazed only in pastures (Argentina) free from pesticides and herbicides. The wool is washed without detergents, chemicals, chlorine or bleach – just hot water. The wool fiber produced retains 3 - 4% lanolin oil; a completely natural dust-mite repellent.
Damask cotton is 100% organic, certified through GOTS. It is cultivated and hand picked in the traditional co-operative manner that has been followed for centuries in the Canete and Chincha valleys high in the Peruvian Andes. It is grown organically without the use of synthetic pesticides, herbicides or defoliants to fertilize the crop, control plant growth or fight pests. No synthetic chemicals are used to strip the leaves in preparation for the harvest or during the manufacturing process. It is woven to very high standards into the finest fabrics, in Peru and Belgium.
Expose comforter to fresh air: the best way to care for your wool comforter is to expose it to fresh air and sunlight. This process evaporates excess moisture from the natural fibers, and freshens the bedding by eliminating body odors.
Place comforter in the dryer: Since airing your bedding isn’t always possible, an alternative is to place comforters in the dryer, using the delicate or air cycle to aerate the items for 15 to 20 minutes. Check the items frequently. Place one or two new tennis balls in the dryer with the comforter to fluff the fibers.
Stain removal on comforters - 3 spot cleaning methods: Mix up a solution of 1 part white vinegar to 3 parts distilled water. Thoroughly dampen the stain with the solution, and then expose the comforter to sunlight and air until dry. If necessary, repeat until stains fade and odors dissipate. Alternatively, use a non-toxic spot cleaner as directed. Ensure that the comforter has dried completely before using it. Spot clean comforter with a mixture of borax and water. Add just enough water to borax powder to form a paste. Apply the paste to the spot, and expose the item to sunlight to help fade the stain. (A protein remover such as Bio-Aid or Amaze can also be mixed with water to form a spot-removing paste.) Let the paste set, then brush, rinse with plain water, and allow the item to air-dry.
Note: Never use regular dry-cleaning methods with wool comforters. If the methods outlined above are not feasible, a professional cleaning method offered at local dry cleaning stores called Aqua Dry Cleaning or Wet Cleaning can be used.
We recommend using a duvet cover to keep your comforter cleaner longer.
Expert Review: Courtesy of AllergyBuyersClub.comOur Solus Organics Bedding is committed to top quality, hand-made products that continue to amaze our testing team. The Solus Organic Wool Comforters are made of the finest, purist materials, which makes them loftier and lighter than most of their rivals.
- Pure: you cannot get any purer than these comforters - all materials are certified organic - great for those with allergies to synthetics or down
- Durable: the hand made craftsmanship is excellent - fill inside won't shift around thanks to quilted cover, and with the right care, these comforters will last a long time
- Good for all temperatures: wool comforters adjust to body temperature, so you don't get hot and sweaty underneath
- Lightweight: Unlike a wool blanket, these comforters are surprisingly lightweight, moreso than a down comforter
- Hypoallergenic fill: Wool is naturally dust mite repellent, and evaporates away moisture to prevent mold or mildew growth
- Requires special cleaning
- Wool has a light, natural odor
- Not fluffy or as lofty as a down comforter
Pure organic wool is an ideal choice for a hypoallergenic, luxury comforter that is lightweight, warm, non-toxic, and comfortable. Our Solus Organic Wool Comforters are a great alternative to those with allergies to down or synthetic comforters. Choose the summer weight comforter if you sleep hot or live in a warmer climate. If you live in a colder region, like New England, the all season comforter is the perfect weight. The natural properties of wool make it an ideal bedding fill as it is absorbent, resilient in form and shape, and dust mite resistant. Its thermo-regulating properties helps keep the wool fill dry, which helps keep you cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. This comforter is also an environmentally and socially responsible choice.
|Twin||63" x 86"||Summer: 300g/sq.m.
All Season: 450g/sq.m.
|Full/Double||78" x 86"||Summer: 300g/sq.m.
All Season: 450g/sq.m.
|Queen||86" x 90"||Summer: 300g/sq.m.
All Season: 450g/sq.m.
|King||102" x 90"||Summer: 300g/sq.m.
All Season: 450g/sq.m.