Solus Organic Solid Natural Rubber Pillow
This pillow has been discontinued. As an alternative we recommend the Sleepland Head and Neck Support Pillows.
Description of Solus Organic Solid Natural Rubber Pillow
Our Solus Organic Solid Natural Rubber Pillow is resilient and provides excellent air circulation for heat and moisture regulation. This pillow has a high loft and offers medium-firm support, ideal for a side sleeper or someone who likes a thick pillow. The core is 100% natural rubber made using the Dunlop process, which makes the purest latex-foam containing no chemical additives. The natural rubber core is wrapped in stretchy organic cotton and has a removable damask organic cotton cover. This pillow offers superior durability, retention of shape and firmness. You never need to fluff or beat this pillow to get its shape back.
See all of our Solus Organics Bedding Collection.
- 100% Pure natural rubber core with proliferated holes
- Tested by the Eco Institute to be free from hazardous emissions and components
- 100% Organic damask cotton cover; removable
- Certified organic by GOTS
- Natural rubber foam is flexible yet stable and very resilient
- Provides excellent heat and moisture regulation
- Superior air circulation
- Superior durability and elasticity
- Retains shape and firmness
- Provide medium-firm support
- High loft
- Ideal for side sleepers
- Antibacterial, hypoallergenic and dust mite repellent
- Natural rubber is a renewable resource
DO NOT WASH. Protect the pillow with a pillow cover. Air the pillow seasonally to refresh. Removable cotton cover is machine washable.
Pure Natural Rubber foam is made from the milk (sap) tapped from the Hevea Brasiliensis, the common rubber tree, grown on Malaysian and Sri Lankan plantations. The Hevea milk is harvested in the morning and by afternoon it is being molded into sheets of pure natural rubber. No chemicals are added to the milk during this process. The natural rubber foam is made using the Dunlop system to produce the purest latex foam. This process involves only air, natural soap and vulcanization agents, which are used to ensure the latex foam keeps its form. The finished latex foam is shipped to Canada where the pillows are expertly crafted and covered. Manufacturing the latex foam where the sap is harvested helps sustain the local economy and provide jobs without depleting the natural resources of the country of origin.
Damask cotton is 100% organic, certified through GOTS. It is cultivated and hand picked in the traditional co-operative manner that has been followed for centuries in the Canete and Chincha valleys high in the Peruvian Andes. It is grown organically without the use of synthetic pesticides, herbicides or defoliants to fertilize the crop, control plant growth or fight pests. No synthetic chemicals are used to strip the leaves in preparation for the harvest or during the manufacturing process. It is woven to very high standards into the finest fabrics, in Peru and Belgium.
Expert Review: Courtesy of AllergyBuyersClub.comSolus Organics Bedding consists of top-quality, hand-made products that are constructed out of the most natural and purest ingredients available. Our testing team is continually pleased with their products and has deemed their natural rubber pillows a must haves for our website.
- High loft is great for someone with wide shoulders requiring a thicker pillow with more support.
- Great support for a side sleeper.
- Solid rubber core will not change shape or lose its loft.
- Requires no scrunching or bunching.
- Resilient and responds to every move.
- Organic cotton cover can be removed and washed.
- Pillow will naturally refresh itself when uncovered and left to air out.
- Made from the purest of natural and organic materials - no dyes, bleach or added chemicals.
- An environmentally friendly and socially responsible pillow choice.
- Vegan pillow choice.
- Biodegradable and can be recycled at the end of its life.
- Natural rubber can have a light, natural odor.
- Not shape-able or scrunch-able.
- Pillow is generally too thick to comfortably fit a child or small adult.
- Heavier than a down or synthetic fill pillow.
- Not available in king size.
Our testers really like the solid natural rubber pillow because it is soft yet very resilient. Testers were impressed with the natural rubber's fast recovery time which allows the pillow to adjust immediately to support your head with every movement. Natural rubber is extremely durable and this pillow will not lose its loft or original shape (like what happens with wool, cotton, down and synthetic pillows). Best of all, this pillow is naturally hypoallergenic, anti-bacterial and dust mite resistant. The Solus Organic Solid Natural Rubber Pillow is not only a great choice for an allergy sufferer or the chemically sensitive, but is vegan and is crafted using environmentally and socially responsible manufacturing.