See All Fall Specials Here!
$50 Off any Order over $400 w/promo code FALL50
$20 Off any Order over $200 w/promo code FALL20
by: Monty (Connecticut)
"I just received this unit and I am impressed with the overall exterior design as it is quite appealing to the eye.
The sound is not overwhelming, I would say that it is pretty standard.
It is easily maintaining my basement at 45% humidity. The basement is about 1200 sq. feet. <..."
See entire review
Soleus Air 70 Pint Dehumidifiers #SEG-DEH-70-2
The Soleus Air SEG-DEH-70-2 70 pint dehumidifier is out of stock.
As an alternative choice, we recommend the Danby Premiere 70 pint dehumidifier.
You Might Also Like
Description of Soleus 70 Pint Dehumidifiers
Soleus has improved their dehumidifier lineup with this energy efficient, sleek and powerful model that quickly lowers the humidity in the dampest of spaces. In addition to performing efficiently, the Soleus SEG-DEH-70-2 70-Pint Dehumidifier offers convenient and simple operation. Some handy features include gravity drain capability, adjustable humidistat, digital readout of actual humidity level in the room, water-overflow protection, auto restart and 3 fan speeds. With such user-friendly and reliable features, the Soleus dehumidifier provides excellent moisture removal capability helping to keep your mind at ease. Covers up to 1400 square feet.
See all of our available Soleus Dehumidifiers.
Soleus 70 Pint Dehumidifiers are ideal for someone who...
- Would like a simple, easy-to-operate dehumidifier with all the essential features to remove excess moisture in damp areas.
- Has a musty and moldy basement or area up to 1400 sq. ft. in need of moisture removal.
- Wants a dehumidifier with an energy star rating and eco-friendly R410a refrigerant.
- Wants 3 water drainage options – hose can be attached to drain the water continuously (hose not included), optional pump for constant drainage sold below, or use a removable bucket to empty manually.
- Wants a portable dehumidifier with casters and carry handle for easy moving.
- Low temperature operation down to 41°F
- Adjustable humidistat with settings between 35% to 80%
- Digital readout of actual humidity in the room
- 3 water drainage options:
- Drained into removable bucket
- Constant drainage attachment
- Optional condensate pump
- Automatic defrost
- 3 fan speeds: low, medium, high
- Automatic shut-off when bucket is full
- Bucket full indicator and alarm
- Loss of power protection with auto restart
- Continuous mode
- Programmable timer: 2 or 4 hours
- Easy-to-read digital display
- Washable air filter
- Clean filter indicator
- Streamline design
- Caster wheels and easy carry handle
- Energy star rated
When the filter needs to be cleaned, the clean filter indicator will light up. Remove the filter and clean with warm, soapy water. Dry thoroughly before replacing the filter. Once the filter is completely dry, place the filter back in the unit and press the filter button to reset the filter indicator.
Expert Review: Courtesy of AllergyBuyersClub.com
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Room Coverage Based on 24 Hour Moisture Removal|
|2. Noise Level|
|3. Low Temperature Operation|
|4. Quality of the Continuous Drainage Option Included (Ease of hose attachment, location above the ground to improve the flow of water w/ gravity and provides the hose)|
|5. Bucket Capacity|
|6. Size, Weight and Maneuverability|
|7. Ease of Access to Bucket & to Remove and Replace|
|8. Energy Rating|
|9. Ability to Access Filter & to Remove, Clean and Re-install|
|10. Quality of Construction & Warranty|
|11. Value for the Price|
Through its durability and efficiency, the new and improved Soleus SEG-DEH-70-2 proved itself to be a reliable solution to moisture issues. This user-friendly unit is suitable for use in cooler basements and other everyday living areas.
- The Soleus's design allows a couple of options for draining the excess water. One can simply remove the water tank out from the front of the unit and empty. We found the tank to be lightweight and very easy to remove and place back. Other option is to drain the water continuously into a floor drain or other drainage area by hooking up a standard garden hose to the drainage port on the side of the unit (which is an acceptable 15" off the ground). Lastly, if you don't want to rely on gravity drainage one can hook up an optional condensate pump to push the water up to a sink or out a window.
- Its adjustable humidistat allows you to control the desired humidity level ranging from 35% to 80% in 5% increments. The dehumidifier will cycle the compressor on and off to maintain the humidity level selected. This unit also has a continuous mode which is helpful if you have a very wet room that needs to be dried out quickly.
- Has plenty of safety features implemented so that the bucket doesn't overflow including a bucket full indicator light, see-through water level window on the front and automatic shut off.
- Features auto restart so that the unit will automatically turn back on after a power outage. One less thing to worry about when the power goes out!
- The SEG-DEH-70 is energy star rated which can save you money on your next electric bill.
- Simple to operate. Everything you need for operation is easily accessible on the top of the unit including fan speed, timer function and adjustable humidistat.
- Easy to move around from room to room because of its durable rolling casters and pull up carry handle.
- Does not include a continuous drainage hose but a standard garden hose can easily be attached.
After much review and testing, the Soleus SEG-DEH-70-2 dehumidifier proves itself as an effective high-capacity dehumidifier at a very reasonable price. After turning on this energy efficient dehumidifier, we were able to feel a drastic change in the air quality within just a few hours. The Soleus is a true workhorse for removing excess humidity, yet is compact in size, doesn't consume much energy and is well equipped with user-friendly features.
Soleus Air SG-DEH-70-2 70 Pint Dehumidifiers
|Coverage Area||Up to 1400 sq. ft.|
|Water Removal Capacity||70 pints per day|
|Energy Factor (L/kWh)||1.8|
|Operating Temperature Range||Down to 41°F|
|Bucket Capacity||17 pints|
|Bucket Position||Front of the unit|
|Drain Hose||No – however can hook up a standard garden hose|
|Noise Level||55 dBa on high speed|
|Power Supply||765 watts, 7.3 amps, 115V, 60 Hz|
|Dimensions||24"H x 15"W x 11"D|
|Weight (lbs)||45 lbs|