A Great cover
by: t-ton (Lafayette)
"This blanket is very comfortable and very warm. The only problem I have with it is that it sheds fibers on 1 side. I periodically use a 3" adhesive tape to lift the fibers and clean it. Otherwise it is truly great."
See entire review
Sleep & Beyond Certified Organic Wool Comforters
Certified organic wool comforter from Sleep & Beyond. Wool filled comforter with organic cotton cover is 100% chemical free, hypoallergenic and resistant to dust mites and allergens. Twin, Full/Queen and King size.
Availability: In Stock. Ships out within 1 - 2 business days.
Description of Sleep & Beyond Certified Organic Wool Comforters
Say goodbye to sleepless nights with Sleep & Beyond’s organic merino wool comforter. Sleep & Beyond’s certified organic wool comforters are filled with only the finest organic merino wool and covered in organic cotton. The unique merino wool fiber is naturally anti-microbial, hypoallergenic and resistant to dust mites, mold and mildew. Wool is an excellent regulator of temperature and quick to dry, offering a comfortable night’s sleep in both warm and cold climates. Expertly crafted using only the best quality organic wool and cotton, you can expect the Sleep & Beyond certified organic wool comforter to deliver years of warmth and cozy comfort.
Sleep & Beyond Certified Organic Wool Comforters are ideal for someone who...
- Is allergic to down feathers, polyester fibers, dust mites, mold or mildew.
- Has multiple chemical sensitivities (MCS) and needs bedding that has absolutely no traces of chemicals.
- Is looking for a warm comforter that is not too bulky or heavy and can comfortably be used spring, winter and fall.
- Weight: suitable for all season use
- Filling: certified organic superfine merino wool
- Fabric: certified organic cotton sateen, 300 thread count
- Construction: machine quilted to hold wool in place
- Organic merino wool certifications: USDA, CERES and WOOLMARK
- Organic cotton certifications: GOTS and OEKO-TEX 100
- Colors: Ivory (natural)
- Sizes: Twin, Full/Queen and King
- Each comforter is packaged inside an eco-friendly organic cotton bag with drawstrings
- Shipped inside a sealed PVC-Free plastic for moisture protection
Being an organic product, this comforter may initially have a natural wool aroma. Air it out for 24 to 48 hours to dissipate. We highly recommend using a washable duvet cover to help keep the comforter clean. Regular sunning and airing will naturally revitalize and disinfect the comforter. Spot clean only with soft brush and mild detergent. Air dry. Do not machine wash or dry. Dry cleaning is not recommended because of harsh and toxic chemicals involved during the process.
Sleep & Beyond manufacturing facilities are located in Kyrgyz Republic and are ISO and Fair Trade certified. Their certified organic cotton is hand planted and handpicked in the southern parts of India. The certified organic wool is from Australian Kyrgyz superfine merino sheep. The sheep graze on pesticide and herbicide free lands receiving daily amounts of sunlight and nutrition. Wool fiber requires no chemicals to be created and no sheep are harmed or killed during the shearing. Sheep are sheared only once a year. Sleep & Beyond’s organic wool products are a socially conscious choice
Expert Review: Courtesy of AllergyBuyersClub.com
- Responsibly manufactured using 100% certified organic materials and fair trade manufacturing processes.
- A safe choice for someone who has MCS. This comforter does not outgas chemicals because there are no chemicals used to make the fabric, fill or end product. It has also been tested to be completely free of arsenic, lead and VOC’s.
- Hypoallergenic and allergy free. This comforter does not contains synthetic fibers or down feathers which can cause reactions and harbor allergens.
- Wool breathes more naturally than down or synthetic fills and wicks moisture away from the body more efficiently for a comfortable and dry night’s sleep.
- Wool helps regulate body temperature and heart rate. This allows you to achieve a more restful, deep sleep.
- Wool comforters are suitable for a variety of climates and year round use.
- Wool is a safe and healthy bedding that naturally resists dust mites, mold, mildew and fire.
- Wool and cotton are renewable, sustainable and biodegradable fibers; an eco-logically sound choice.
- The Sleep & Beyond wool comforter is an investment that can last for decades when properly cared for.
- This comforter is not machine washable. It is spot clean only. We highly recommend using a washable duvet cover to protect the comforter from becoming dirty.
- Wool has a natural aroma. If the wool aroma bothers you, air the comforter out for a day or two to help dissipate the wool smell.
- Though this comforter is suitable for year round use, we found it was too warm for use during the warmer months of the year.
The Sleep & Beyond certified organic wool comforter is beautifully crafted and you can tell it is a quality product. We found the comforter to be super comfortable, cozy and warm – not too heavy either. In our opinion it might be too warm for summer use but is fantastic for the cool crisp fall, winter, and spring months. We would highly recommend this wool comforter for someone allergic to polyester fiber, down feathers or dust mites, or for those who have multiple chemical sensitivities.
|Twin||66" x 86"||15 oz/sq. yd.||4 lbs|
|Full/Queen||86" x 86"||15 oz/sq. yd.||4.5 lbs|
|King||100" x 86"||15 oz/sq. yd.||5.5 lbs|