See Specials Here!
10% Off any Order $400+ w/promo code FALLSALE10
5% Off any Order up to $400 w/promo code FALLSALE5
SafeHome Duo Furnace Filters – Chemical, gas, odor and allergen filtration!
Disposable 1 inch furnace filter for the filtration of allergens, chemicals, odors and gases. TheSafeHome Duo furnace filter features a blend of activated carbon to capture harmful gases that cause allergies, asthma and other long term health problems. MERV 8 filter rating. Ratings and Reviews.
Availability: Ships in 2 days
You Might Also Like
Description of SafeHome Duo Furnace Filters
The SafeHome Duo Furnace Filters not only filter out allergens but also tackle formaldehyde, VOCs, ozone, and other chemicals commonly found in homes, especially new homes. These filters would be an ideal choice for households with Multiple Chemical Sensitivity sufferers. The SafeHome Duo not only works differently than most disposable 1" furnace filters, but is also designed differently. It features a polyester pre-filter to trap particles and allergens, a chemical filter to trap fumes and chemicals, a steel inner frame for dependability and rigidity, a polyester post filter to provide a final air cleaning and self-sealing edges to prevent air bypass. This unique filter design provides 95% effective particulate removal and whisper quiet operation. Replace every 3 months. Variety of sizes available.
SafeHome Duo Furnace Filters are ideal for someone who...
- Wants an easy way to filter allergens, chemicals and odors in the air in your home
- Suffers from Multiple Chemical Sensitivity
- Lives in a humid location
- Has a shop and wants to remove fumes from paint, varnish and other finishes
- Highly effective, easy and affordable solution for removing hazardous gases, chemicals and allergens from the air in your home
- Captures allergy and asthma triggering gases such as ozone and formaldehyde that pass through even the best pleated allergen filters
- Can improve indoor air quality by over 90% with consistent use (a study on a 2 year old home found both chemicals and allergens were reduced by more than 90% over two months with the air handler fan on "auto".)
- Patent-pending design couples high quality particulate filtration with industrial gas and odor filtration
- Uses the same materials protecting critical environments in leading hospitals
- Chemical filter includes activated carbon and potassium permanganate based FormaldaSorb™ to trap gases, odors and chemicals including formaldehyde, benzene, toluene, ammonia and ozone
- Polyester pre and post filters traps particulates and allergens
- MERV 8 allergen filter rating with a 95% average allergen removal
- Steel inner frame provides dependability and rigidity
- Self-sealing edges that prevents air bypass
- Filter materials are unaffected by humidity which ruins other pleated filters
- Fits most standard 1" filter slots in air handler or furnace systems
- Easy to install – no tools or equipment needed
- Disposable - recommended replacement after 3 months
|The Duo slides into your furnace filter slot like an ordinary filter. Fold the excess material around the filter's internal frame to slide it in and then tuck the remainder in so you can place the cover over the filter slot. This excess material helps seal the edges where the filter fits into the equipment and keeps air from going around the filter through gaps. Air should enter the white side, which traps allergens, and exit through the dark side, which traps gases and odors.|
- High amounts of dust
- Painting or renovations
- High levels of outdoor pollution
- Burning candles or using air deodorizers
To maximize the air cleaning efficiency of your whole house furnace filter it is recommended your HVAC system run as much as possible since no air cleaning occurs when it is off. Most experts agree a minimum run time of 8 to 12 hours daily is necessary to clean the air in your home (depending on air quality). Without the use of the AirCycler HVAC controller, your only choice to achieve this recommended run time is to switch your system to auto fan and it will run 24/7 or take the chance your heating or cooling demands will meet the 8 to 12 hour run time. By using the AirCycler controller you can choose the minutes each hour to run the fan regardless of your home's heating and cooling demands. Since the AirCycler can independently control the HVAC system's fan, you can set it to turn on every 20 to 30 minutes each hour to meet the recommended 8 to 12 hour run time. This saves you money and allows you to get efficient air cleaning from your furnace filter. AirCyler sold separately below.
Expert Review: Courtesy of AllergyBuyersClub.com
|*Other Size Available by Request Only |
Actual dimensions (inches) of filters are slightly smaller than stated