SafeHome Duo4 Deep Furnace Filters – Chemical, gas, odor and allergen filtration!
Disposable 4 inch deep furnace filter for the filtration of allergens, chemicals, odors and gases. The SafeHome Duo4 Deep filter features a blend of activated carbon to capture harmful gases that cause allergies, asthma and other long term health problems. MERV 7 filter rating. Ratings and Reviews.
Availability: In stock
Description of SafeHome Duo4 Deep Furnace Filters
Designed with a focus on effectively addressing a wide range of common household and hazardous indoor air pollutants, such as ozone, formaldehyde and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), the SafeHome filters are highly effective against a wide array of odors, chemicals and VOCs that you may encounter everyday. The SafeHome Duo4 Deep Furnace Filters provide a complete solution to indoor air quality in homes with air handlers or air furnaces that use deep section filters. The Duo4 incorporates a MERV 7 allergen filter and a powerful chemical filter into one pleated 4" deep disposable filter. With the same airflow characteristics as most new 5" filters, this filter can be used as a replacement for either 4" or 5" filters. The SafeHome Duo4 filter consists of 300 grams per square foot of a 50/50 activated carbon and FormaldaSorb™ blend that is extremely effective removing odors and gases. The Duo4 should be replaced at least every 6 months for maximum filtration efficiency. 4 standard sizes available.
SafeHome Duo4 Deep Furnace Filters are ideal for someone who...
- Has an air handler system that uses 4 or 5" filters
- Wants an easy way to filter allergens, chemicals and odors in the air in your home
- Suffers from Multiple Chemical Sensitivity
- Highly effective, easy and affordable solution for removing hazardous gases, chemicals and allergens from the air inside your home
- Captures allergy and asthma triggering gases such as ozone and formaldehyde that pass through even the best pleated allergen filters
- Can improve indoor air quality by over 90% with consistent use (a study on a 2 year old home found both chemicals and allergens were reduced by more than 90% over two months with the air handler fan on "auto".)
- Low pressure drop - designed to allow sufficient airflow for even old systems (SafeHome filters have less than 50% of the pressure drop when compared to some high end filters on the market)
- Uses the same materials protecting critical environments in leading hospitals
- Chemical filter uses 300 grams/sq. ft. of 50/50 activated carbon and potassium permanganate based FormaldaSorb™ to trap gases, odors and chemicals including formaldehyde, benzene, toluene, ammonia and ozone
- MERV 7 allergen filter is highly effective at removing pollen, dust, mold spores, dust mite debris and more
- Fits most standard 4 or 5" filter slots in air handler systems
- Easy to install – installs like a normal filter and includes gaskets for air tight installation
- Disposable - recommended replacement after 6 months
- High amounts of dust
- Painting or renovations
- High levels of outdoor pollution
- Burning candles or using air deodorizers
To maximize the air cleaning efficiency of your whole house furnace filter it is recommended your HVAC system run as much as possible since no air cleaning occurs when it is off. Most experts agree a minimum run time of 8 to 12 hours daily is necessary to clean the air in your home (depending on air quality). Without the use of the AirCycler HVAC controller, your only choice to achieve this recommended run time is to switch your system to auto fan and it will run 24/7 or take the chance your heating or cooling demands will meet the 8 to 12 hour run time. By using the AirCycler controller you can choose the minutes each hour to run the fan regardless of your home's heating and cooling demands. Since the AirCycler can independently control the HVAC system's fan, you can set it to turn on every 20 to 30 minutes each hour to meet the recommended 8 to 12 hour run time. This saves you money and allows you to get efficient air cleaning from your furnace filter. AirCyler sold separately below.
Expert Review: Courtesy of AllergyBuyersClub.com
Actual dimensions (inches) of filters are slightly smaller than stated