See All Fall Specials Here!
$50 Off any Order over $400 w/promo code FALL50
$20 Off any Order over $200 w/promo code FALL20
Pristine® Dust Mite & Allergen Barrier Comforter Covers
Pristine Dust Mite covers for your comforter, duvet, and pillows. Patented fabric technology, certified dust mite allergen barrier covers with 5.7 micron average pore size. Made in the USA. Expert advice, reviews and comparisons.
Save $10 when purchased as a set!
Availability: In Stock. Ships Same or Next Business Day.
Availability: In Stock. Ships Same or Next Business Day.
You Might Also Like
Description of Pristine® Dust Mite Comforter Cover
Dust mites and allergens can live in your comforter too. Protect your comforter and your health by encasing your comforter in our Pristine® dust mite cover. Our Pristine® comforter cover offers breathable comfort and is down proof. Pristine® fabric is know for its softness and its effectiveness as an allergen barrier. Our Pristine® comforter cover is made from a 240 thread count, very tightly woven, 100% polyester and has an average pore size of 5.7 microns. The best dust mite covers have an average pore size of under 6 microns. Our Pristine® dust mite covers do not have any added treatments or harsh chemicals. They are designed to offer rest and relief to those who suffer from severe allergies, night sweats and skin conditions. Comforter covers are available in Twin, Full/Queen or King size and feature a zip closure at one end. Comforter covers are sold separately or as a set with 2 pillow covers.
View our entire collection of Pristine® Dust Mite Covers.
- Made from 100% polyester (Pristine® style #66457)
- Tight woven construction only allows air and moisture vapor to penetrate the fabric
- Pristine® fabric has been awarded the only two patents in the allergen barrier cover category (U.S. Patent Nos. 6,277,770 & 7,290,381)
- Tested by IBT Reference Laboratory to ensure allergen barrier performance
- Small average pore size of 5.7 microns
- No added chemicals or harsh fabric treatments
- No urethane membrane
- Down proof
- Combines total allergen protection with an extraordinarily high level of comfort
- Very breathable: permeable to air and water vapor (MVTR = 1109)
- Durable construction: sewn with an over lock safety stitch, 8-10 stitches/inch
- Fabric weight: 4.0 oz per square yard with 240 threads stitched per square inch
- Fabric is uniquely manufactured to maintain the integrity of the pore size through frequent washings
- Heavy gauge, rust proof, polyester zipper
- Zip closure at one end
- Sold individually or as set with 2 pillow covers
- Available sizes: Twin, Full/Queen, King
- Warranty: Guaranteed to be free of defect in workmanship and materials for 1 year
- Made in the USA
|Pristine® fabrics are constructed of very tightly woven yarns, specially selected to give the best balance of softness, comfort, and color fastness. A unique finishing process allows these finely-textured yarns to create extremely small pores in the fabrics. These micro-pores allow air and moisture vapor to pass through, but are small enough to form a barrier to dust, dust mites, and associated allergens. Pristine® fabrics are not coated, laminated or otherwise given any finish that can come off during use.|
you wake up in the morning with itchy, watery eyes, nasal stuffiness,
runny nose, and in some cases asthma you may be allergic to dust
mites and their allergens. These allergic reactions to dust mite allergens can be a year round problem.
Dust mites live in mattresses, comforters, carpeting and upholstery. These dust mite covers provide a barrier for up to 99.95% of mites and their allergens. They also protect you from mold spores that may exist in your camp or vacation home bedding.
Machine wash and dry up to 140 degrees. Can also be hung to dry to extend product life.
Expert Review: Courtesy of AllergyBuyersClub.com
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Barrier to Dust Mites (pore size less than 10 microns)|
|2. Barrier to Dust Mite Allergens(pore size less than 6 microns)|
|3. Fabric Quality|
|4. Zipper Quality|
|5. Construction Quality|
|6. Sleeping Comfort (is it quiet, does it feel like plastic)|
|7. Easy to put on|
|10. Value for Price|
|11. Manufacturer's Warranty|
- Excellent barrier against dust mites and allergens with a small mean pore size of 5.7 microns.
- Departments of Asthma, Allergy and Immunology at two leading Colleges of Medicine found that Pristine® is an effective barrier to dust, dust mites, and associated allergens.
- Very breathable with a moisture vapor transfer rate of 1109 (cotton has a MVTR of around 900).
- Very comfortable to sleep on, no membrane and it does not have a crinkle feel or sound.
- Down proof fabric will not allow small down pieces or feathers to escape through the cover.
- Zipper closures are easy to use and create a secure, sealed fit.
- Easy to care for - safe to machine wash and dry.
- Durable construction and fabric.
- Pristine® fabric has been designed to remain an effective allergen barrier after repeat washings and withholds its tight weave and small pore size better than the average woven fabric. During an independent test, after 50 washes, our style of Pristine® fabric actually measured a smaller pore size of 4.3 microns.
- Made in the USA.
- Comforter covers do not have seamless construction. The width of the Pristine® fabric is not wide enough for a comforter cover to be made without a center seam.
- Very sensitive skin may be irritated by the polyester fabric since it is a synthetic product.
Pristine® is one of the best know allergen barrier fabrics on the market. It is a patented, membrane free, micro-weave polyester fabric that feels nice to the touch and has a small 5.7 micron pore size to offer great protection against dust mites and their allergens. It provides a cool, quiet and breathable sleeping surface that is unnoticeable under your bedding. These dust mite covers are very durable and retain their tight weave longer than most top quality, woven allergen barrier fabrics. Pristine® dust mite covers are a good choice if you like to (or need to) wash all of your bedding often. Please note that these comforter covers will have a seam in them as the Pristine® fabric is only made 66-inches wide. We recommend using a duvet cover over the comforter cover and visually this will not be an issue; however, it is worth noting for those who are picky about seams.
Pristine Dust Mite Comforter Cover
|Dust Mite Encasing Fabric||100% polyester|
|Average Pore Size||5.7 micron|
|Full/Queen||86" x 86"|
|Pillow Cover Set of Two|
|Standard||21" x 27"|
|Queen||21" x 31"|
|King||21" x 37"|