2. Ease of use:
- The Miele canister vacuum cleaners all use a minimum of 1200-watt, 2
fan, high-output Miele-made Vortex Motor System. The fact that these vacuum cleaners use 2 fans in series, creates more suction than vacuum cleaners using a one fan system.
3. Filtration Efficiency:
- Top-notch quality tools that fit nicely with wand. All Miele canisters have onboard tools for convenient access. The new S5’s are designed with integrated onboard storage compartments to safely hold their accessories.
- Depending on whether they have a direct connect wand or not can increase the ease in which the tools can be changed. (This feature applies to vacuums that come with a motorized powerbrush).
- All Miele canisters now have 360° swivel wheels and hose to provide excellent maneuverability and easy cleaning in all directions.
- All the Miele canister vacuums we carry on our site are lightweight, with compact designs that make them easy to use and store.
- All Miele vacuum cleaners have a nice "parking" feature that means when the machine is not in use the wand does not tip over and stores neatly in your closet.
- All the Canisters come standard with auto cord rewind buttons.
- All Miele vacuums are engineered for quiet operation. A special sound insulation makes the new S5’s particularly quiet.
- All Miele machines have a hygienic and allergy friendly way of removing the bags when they are full. When the bag is removed, it automatically closes itself.
- Each Miele canister vacuum has an operating radius of at least 29.5 ft.
- Most of the Miele Canister Vacuums we sell come standard with certified S class HEPA filters. These true HEPA filters will filter out 99.97% of allergens down to the .3 micron level. The HEPA filter also has a thin layer of charcoal for additional odor control. Some of Miele’s Vacuums come standard with Super Air Clean filters designed to retain 99.95% of particles down to 0.5 of a micron and 94% of particles down to 0.3 of a micron. For these vacuums, we always make sure that we offer HEPA filters as replacement filters or as an add-on option.
- Miele vacuum cleaners position their HEPA filter "behind the motor", a design feature not commonly found in vacuum cleaners. This means that they capture very fine particles that are generated from the motor of the vacuum cleaner and hence increase the filtration effectiveness of the machine.
- These Miele vacuum cleaners contain an electrostatic motor pre-filter to attract and retain dust and allergen particles adding to the overall filtration efficiency. It also prevents large items from damaging the motor.
- The Miele vacuum cleaner is also a completely sealed unit. There is no use in having a HEPA filter if particulates escape through the sides of the vacuum cleaner which happens in some other machines.
5. Turbobrush or Powerbrush - What are they? Which is one right for me?
- The two fan motor design means that it extends the life of the motor by reducing the wear on the ball bearings and motor brushes.
- Each vacuum has a heat sensor which comes on when there is a clog and therefore prevents the vacuum cleaner from overheating.
- All Miele canisters have a dust bag change indicator to let you when the bag is at full capacity and needs to be changed. Miele Luxury models also include a filter change indicator to eliminate all guessing games.
- The amount of testing that Miele does before they release their machines from the factory is without peer in the industry. As a consequence we can say that we have enjoyed 0% returns on these machines for repair or defect during the warranty period. We are very impressed with the reliability of the Miele vacuum cleaners. The standard warranty period is 1 year for vacuum parts and labor, and 7 years for motor parts and labor for Miele machines.
- Turbobrush: a special non-motorized tool for cleaning a limited amount of low to medium pile carpets. It is driven by straight suction power from the canister. It uses a turbine (or water wheel type of design) to drive the dual edge brush roll. The Miele turbobrush weighs one pound and is 10.5 inches wide and rests on four soft vinyl wheels. The turbobrush does take some power away from the canister to drive the brush since it does not have its own power source. Tool change with a turbobrush equipped vacuum is easy. We sell the following Miele vacuums with Turbobrush STB 205-3: Pisces S5280, Orion S4780, Luna S4580, Antares S4210 and Carina S4210.
- Powerbrush: a special motorized carpet tool that contains a brush roll similar to that on an upright. Its brush roll agitates the carpet for deep cleaning and you can use it at different speeds. The powerbrush is connected to the wand via a separate wire that is either external or internal to the wand. The other end of the cord is plugged into the electrified hose that then hooks to the canister. If this wire is internal to the wand this is a "direct connect wand" and is much easier for you to change between the powerbrush and the accessories and back again since you do not have to unplug the external wire and re-plug it in again later. The powerbrush generally has a separate power switch on the canister or on the wand depending upon the model. The Miele powerbrushes can be used on carpet as well as bare floors (if you use it with the power to the brush roll turned off). It would then operate on the straight suction power from the canister. We sell three types of powerbrushes with our Miele canister vacuum cleaners:
- Accu Nova Powerbrush SAB 100-3: This rechargeable powerbrush has an especially strong motor, which rotates the brush roll evenly and powerfully, resulting in intensive deep cleaning of your carpet. This powerbrush is safe, saves energy and has no cumbersome cables thanks to the rechargeable battery. SAB 100-3 comes with two, long-lasting nickel metal hydride (NiMh) battery packs that deliver over 45 minutes of vacuuming each. It has a recharging station with a recharging time of only 5 hours if the battery is completely drained. It can be recharged even when the battery is not fully used. It is best for suited for sturdy carpets and rugs and it helps restore crushed pile carpeting. Because this brush runs on battery power so if you have a large house with lots of carpet we suggest choosing a vacuum with one of the electric powerbrushs. This brush comes with the S4 Galaxy Series: Orion S4780, Luna S4580, Capella S4210, Antares S4210 and Carina S4210.
- Powerbrush SEB 217: This is a mid-sized electrically driven carpet tool with a 10½"-wide brush roll with floating head and swivel neck design. The brush roll is made of plastic with two rows of bristles. Powerbrush SEB 217 requires a direct connect wand and direct connect hose. Powerbrush SEB 217-2 has two park connections while SEB 217-3 has three. SEB 217 is lighter, quieter and less powerful than the larger powerbrush. It is designed for deep cleaning and restoring of crushed carpet pile on low to medium height pile carpets with moderate densities. You can use it to clean small areas of bare floors by powering off the powerbrush and using it with straight suction from the canister as well. If you have a lot of pet hair we would suggest using the larger powerbrush SEB 236 which has more suction power. Powerbrush SEB 217 is available with the following Miele canister vacuums: Capricorn S5980, Aquarius S5580, Callisto S5280, Solaris Direct Connect S514 and Champagne S548.
- Powerbrush SEB 236: This is an electrically-driven carpet tool with a 13 3/8"-wide brush roll that provides you with 5 height adjustments for a variety of carpet densities. This carpet tool has a swivel neck for maneuverability, an integrated light, all-around bumper strip to protect your furniture and an automatic shut-off when in the parked position. This powerbrush has a quick disconnect wand latch and a chrome steel bottom plate. The brush roll is made of chromed steel with two rows of replaceable bristles. To adjust the flooring height just press the button that is on top of the powerbrush with your foot. This powerbrush is louder, more powerful and heavier than the other powerbrush models. It is designed for medium to thick pile carpeting. You can use it to clean small areas of bare floors by powering off the powerbrush and using it with straight suction from the canister as well. Powerbrush SEB 236 is available with the following Miele canister vacuums: Capricorn S5980, Aquarius S5580 and Red Velvet S558.
Miele Capricorn S5980 Luna Silver Canister Vacuum Cleaner
$1049.95 and up
Miele Red Velvet S558 HEPA Canister Vacuum Cleaners with Powerbrush
Miele Solaris Direct Connect S514 Mango Red Canister Vacuum Cleaner
Miele Callisto S5280 Deep Black Canister Vacuum Cleaner
(shown in deep red)
Miele Aquarius S5580 Caprice Blue Canister Vacuum Cleaner
$949.95 and up
Miele S548 Champagne HEPA Vacuum Cleaners with Powerbrush
Miele Orion Galaxy Series Hepa Vacuum Cleaners - Supreme Package
Miele Luna Galaxy Series Hepa Vacuum Cleaners- Supreme Package
Miele Galaxy Series S4210 Antares HEPA Optional (Mango Red)- Deluxe Package