See All Fall Specials Here!
$70 Off Any Order over $500 w/promo code FALL70
$25 Off Any Order over $200 w/promo code FALL25
Staph Screening Kit
Staphylococcus Screen Check offers a kit to collect the suspicious samples for Staphylococcus screening.
Availability: Ships out within 2 - 3 business days.
Description of Staph Screening Kit
As a result of the widespread of staph occurrences, scientists have developed a simple, affordable test kit to help identify Staphylococcus sp. Staphylococci can cause a wide variety of diseases in humans and animals through either toxin production or invasion, so it is essential to determine potential sources of the bacteria within your indoor environment. Our Staph Screen Check offers a full, easy-to-use kit to collect suspicious samples for Staphylococcus. Once a sample is collected, it is then sent to an award winning-world class AIHA accredited lab where lab results are performed. Within two to three weeks you will receive a comprehensive report defining the environmental conditions. The Staph Screening Kit can be used in the home, schools, offices, healthcare facilities, security points and other areas where there may be health concerns.
Staph Screening Kit are ideal for someone who...
- Needs a test kit that will accurately identify and measure Staphylococcus at a desired test site.
- Is an Educator, School and Plant Operator, Industrial Hygienist, Teacher, HVAC Engineer, Building Maintenance Supervisor, Test and Balance Professional, Real Estate Professional, Insurance Claim Adjuster, Homeowner, Hospital Engineer, Physician, Occupational Health and Safety Professional and needs to prevent health concerns.
- Staphylococcus is a group of bacteria that can cause a multitude of diseases as a result of infection of various tissues of the body. Staphylococcus is more familiarly known as Staph. Staph-related illness can range from mild and requiring no treatment ot severe and potentially fatal
- Collects suspicious samples for Staphylococcus. Identification of potential sources of the bacteria in the indoor environment is critical to the overall treatment
- Quantitative results are given in terms of Colony Forming Units
- Kit includes all supplies needed to collect sample including a sampling swab, Bio-Vial and envelope for mailing
- Easy to use and inexpensive
- Data validated for accuracy
- Comprehensive IAQ Screen Check Lab Report: the IAQ Screen Check EDLab report lists the identified pollutants and their contaminant levels. Also, it includes a glossary of the various pollutants along with easy to read graphs and pollutant guidelines. Provides considerations for promoting a healthier home/workplace environment.
- Analyzed by AIHA accredited lab
- Select an area of concern
- Hold the Bio-Vial and unscrew the cap. You will notice the cap also acts as a handle for the attached sampling swab (see Picture A below)
- Place swab tip against collection site and sweep up and down slowly moving across to the right. Rotate the swab between the thumb and forefinger during the sweeping action to ensure the entire of the swab is used. Now repeat this process sweeping from left to right, starting at the top of the area and slowly moving down. (see Picture B below)
- Place swab back into the Bio-Vial and tighten cap securely. (see Picture C Below)
- Fill out all information requested on the Bio-Val and Chain of Custody form
- Mail the Bio Vial and chain of custody back in the pre-paid envelope provided
- Expect the lab report results mailed back to you from the Environmental Diagnostics Laboratory (EDL) in 10-14 business days. You may also make a special request to receive the lab report via fax as well. This report will help define the environmental conditions as they existed during your sampling.
Understanding the lab report:
All EDL (Environmental Diagnostics Laboratory) reports are prepared with a glossary describing each term. If you have any trouble understanding the data in the report, you are given a toll-free number to contact a specialist who will help you understand your results for free. Your report includes guidelines you can use to see if you have a low, significant, or high amount of staphylococcus in your home. Please note: The report furnishes information only and is not intended to be an interpretation of the results.
Expert Review: Courtesy of AllergyBuyersClub.com