Final Day - No Extension!
5% Off any Order up to $400 w/promo code FALLFIVE
Formaldehyde Screening Kit for Home or Office
Our Formaldehyde test kits are designed to accurately and quickly measure the concentration of formaldehyde at a desired test site.
Availability: Ships out within 2 - 3 business days.
Description of Formaldehyde Screening Kit for Home or Office
Formaldehyde is a common indoor air pollutant that may be hazardous or toxic in nature to people. Sources of formaldehyde in the home include building materials, fabric coatings and pressed wood products such as plywood, wall paneling, particleboard and fiberboard. This quick and easy do-it-yourself test kit is a smart and inexpensive way to detect and monitor any possible formaldehyde that may be present in your home, office or school. Within a few days of sending in a sample you will receive a complete report that includes a list of identified pollutants, their contaminant levels and considerations for promoting a healthier environment.
Formaldehyde Screening Kit for Home or Office are ideal for someone who...
- Needs a test kit that will accurately measure the concentration of formaldehyde at a desired test site.
- Is moving into a new home or apartment and needs to find out the indoor environmental conditions.
- Is an Educator, School and Plant Operator, Industrial Hygienist, Teacher, HVAC Engineer, Building Maintenance Supervisor, Test and Balance Professional, Real Estate Professional, Insurance Claim Adjuster, Homeowner, Hospital Engineer, Physician, Occupational Health and Safety Professional.
- Identifies and measures the formaldehyde vapor in a given environment
- Measures the concentration of formaldehyde at a desired test site as quickly as 24 hours
- The concentration of formaldehyde is reported in parts per million (ppm)
- Can be used to measure personal exposure or room exposure
- Easy to use and inexpensive
- Data validated for accuracy
- Uses Bio-Badge sample collection technology
- Comprehensive IAQ Screen Check Lab Report: the IAQ Screen Check EDLab report lists the identified pollutants and their contaminant levels. Also, it includes a glossary of the various pollutants along with easy to read graphs and pollutant guidelines. Provides considerations for promoting a healthier home/workplace environment.
- Analyzed by AIHA accredited lab
- Meets OSHA accuracy requirements
Formaldehyde is commonly found in pressed-wood products such as particleboard, interior-grade plywood and fiberboard. It is also an ingredient in urea-formaldehyde foam insulation, adhesives, inks, and dyes. Health effects due to exposure to formaldehyde include irritation of the eyes, nose and throat, skin rashes, sneezing and coughing. Formaldehyde can be released into indoor air and may accumulate to hazardous levels causing mild to severe health issues in sensitive individuals.
Formaldehyde Screen Check identifies and measures the concentration levels of formaldehyde at a desired test location by utilizing an easy to use device called the Bio-Badge. This device can absorb Formaldehyde particulates (particles) by collecting air from an indoor area of up to 2800 square feet over a 24 – 48 hour testing period (preferred sampling time is 24 hours). This kit is useful to evaluate formaldehyde in homes and in commercial establishments including hospitals, schools, hotels, airports, etc.
How do I perform the test?
- Remove Bio-Badge that is included from the bags - save both bags (See Picture A below). There are two monitoring options (do not obstruct the white membrane):
- For personal exposure monitoring, clip the badge near the breathing zone (See Picture B below)
- For room monitoring, place approximately 4 feet above the ground and on a surface away from unnatural air flow. For example, away from underneath a moving ceiling fan, in the direct air flow of an a/c vent, or near an open window. This is very important to achieve the most accurate results. (See Picture C below)
- Record "Start Time" on Chain of Custody and then leave the Bio-Badge exposed for a period between 8 – 48 hours. For best results use an exposure period of 24 hours. Once time is completed, record "Stop Time" on Chain of Custody.
- Place the exposed Bio-Badge back into the bags following instructions (See Picture D below). Mail the test kit back in the envelope provided (postage included with purchase of kit).
- Expect the lab report results mailed back to you from the Environmental Diagnostics Laboratory (EDL) in 7-10 business days. You may also make a special request to receive the lab report via fax as well. This report will help define the environmental conditions as they existed during your sampling.
Understanding the lab report:
All EDL microbiological reports are prepared with a glossary describing each organism at both the genus and specie level. If you have any trouble understanding the data in the report, you are given a toll-free number to contact a specialist who will help you understand your results for free.
Please note: The report furnishes information only and is not intended to be an interpretation of the results.
Expert Review: Courtesy of AllergyBuyersClub.com