Dust Mite Screening Kit
The Dust Mite Screen kit provides the entire collection tool for collecting the specimen from the test surface. Concentration of mite allergen is reported in the laboratory in terms of micrograms. A comprehensive laboratory report is provided.
Availability: Ships out within 2 - 3 business days.
Description of Dust Mite Screening Kit
Dust mites and their dander are a prevalent cause of indoor allergies. However, their microscopic size makes it a tough challenge to tell just how bad your dust mite problem is throughout the home. Our Dust Mite Screen Check includes an easy-to-use kit for collecting dust mites from a test surface. The collected specimen is then evaluated by an AIHA Accredited lab to determine the concentration of dust mite allergens in the home. Once you find out if you have a dust mite problem you can then take the necessary steps to take control. These Dust Mite Kits are also handy to have in the home in order to ensure that the dust mite problem does not occur again.
Dust Mite Screening Kit are ideal for someone who...
- Is allergic to dust mites - If you are allergic to dust mites you will experience symptoms similar to pollen allergy and you may exhibit asthmatic symptoms if your reaction is severe.
- Wants an easy and affordable way to receive professional lab results.
- Dust mites are reported as one of the prevalent indoor allergen
- Provides the entire collection tool for collecting a solid dust sample from the carpet of a home or workplace
- Collected specimen is evaluated by an AIHA Accredited Lab for qualitative estimation within 3 - 5 days
- Comprehensive laboratory report is provided
- Concentration of mite allergen is reported in terms of micrograms
- Includes full collection sample device (Bio-Scan DM), which is connected to the intake end of your vacuum cleaner's hose for sampling
- Easy to use and inexpensive
- Data validated for accuracy
- Made in the USA
How do I perform the test?
- Remove the attachment from the vacuum cleaner hose
- Insert Bio-Scan DM into the hose and fold the edges down around the outside of the hose. (See Picture A and B below)
- Reassemble the vacuum attachment (See Picture C below)
- Sampling options: choose one room per Bio-Scan DM. Vacuum a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Bedroom: sample pillows, bedding, mattress and carpet
- Living area: sample items such as upholstery, carpet or window coverings
- Carefully remove the collector bag from the vacuum, fold the top section over twice, apply tape to hold it closed, then place the collector back into the zip-top bag and seal. (See picture D below)
- Place the exposed Bio-Scan DM and Form in the envelope provided and mail to the address given. Expect the lab report results mailed back to you from the Environmental Diagnostics Laboratory (EDL) in 3 – 5 business days
Understanding the lab report:
All EDL microbiological reports are prepared with a glossary describing each organism at both the genus and specie level. If you have any trouble understanding the data in the report, you are given a toll-free number to contact a specialist who will help you understand your results for free.
Please note: The report furnishes information only and is not intended to be an interpretation of the results.
Expert Review: Courtesy of AllergyBuyersClub.com