Dry locker room
by: Dan (Stamford, CT)
"I purchased this dehumidifier for the locker room in our health club and it has worked beyond my expectations. Before purchasing it the locker room was always damp and wet and since using it the opposite has happened and it is much drier. This is a compact dehumidifier that can be placed right again..."
See entire review
Ebac WM80 and WM150 Low Temperature Dehumidifiers
Ebac WM80 and WM150 industrial and swimming pool/spa dehumidifiers for dehumidification helps prevent water damage and control odors, mildew, mold, allergies and asthma.
Availability: Ships within 1-2 Business Days.
Availability: Ships within 1-2 business days
Description of Ebac WM80 and WM150 Low Temperature Dehumidifiers
There is no quicker, surer and more economical way to reduce moisture in a commercial or residential setting than with the Ebac WM80 and WM150 low temperature dehumidifier. These refrigerant type dehumidifiers are compact in size yet have the capacity to handle several room-size areas at a time. The affordable and energy efficient WM80 dehumidifier is the perfect fit for use in offices, museums, hotels, computer rooms and areas where renovating and restoration is taking place. There is the choice of the smaller WM80 which removes up to 15 gallons per day or the WM150 for removal of up to 27 gallons per day.
Dehumidification for indoor swimming pool/spa area:
Furthermore, these workhorses can be placed in indoor swimming pool/spa areas, locker, laundry rooms or harsh marine environments.
The air inside an indoor swimming pool and/or spa or hot tub can be very humid. The reason is that large amounts of water can evaporate from the surface of the water into the air. The water surface of your pool acts like a large humidifier capable of adding significant moisture to the room. It is important to keep the pool water cooler than the air. Ideal conditions are an air temperature of 82 degrees and a water temperature of 80 degrees. If one allows these ideal conditions to change and the pool water temperature becomes higher than the air temperature, the rate of evaporation of moisture into the air will increase dramatically.
Without effective dehumidification, you risk the appearance of mold, corrosion, structural damage, and an uncomfortable pool environment.
It is also highly recommended that you use a pool cover when the pool is not in use which will reduce the amount of moisture evaporated into the air. An added benefit to covering your pool will be the energy you will save not heating your water due to the heat that would not be lost into the air.
4 Common Indicators of Humidity Problems in Your Indoor Pool or Spa Room:
1) You find it uncomfortably humid in the pool area when in street cloths
2) Strong and persistent smell of chlorine
3) Foggy windows
4) Rust on metal objects
Ebac WM80 and WM150 Low Temperature Dehumidifiers are ideal for someone who...
- Needs a highly effective, compact and affordable low temperature dehumidifier to remove excessive humidity in large areas.
- Is restoring on renovating buildings and need to reduce moisture without risk of damage of the building materials.
- Prefers an energy efficient dehumidifier - with a low power draw.
- Wants a dehumidifier that will remove moisture that may cause corrosion and structural damage within an indoor pool facility, aerobic room, workout area, or locker and laundry rooms.
- High performance cross-flow fan motor
- Internal Humidistat
- Hot Gas Defrost
- Reverse cycle defrost
- Rubber feet for free standing application
- Low amp draw
- Wall mounting option
- Drying and defrost indicator lamps
- Powder coat finish for long term protection
- Optional internal condensate pump
- Extra long power cord
Expert Review: Courtesy of AllergyBuyersClub.com
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Room Coverage Based on 24 Hour Moisture Removal|
|2. Noise Level|
|3. Low Temperature Operation|
|4. Quality of the Continuous Drainage Option Included (Ease of hose attachment, location above the ground to improve the flow of water w/ gravity and provides the hose)|
|5. Bucket Capacity||Not Applicable|
|6. Size, Weight and Maneuverability|
|7. Ease of Access to Bucket & to Remove and Replace||Not Applicable|
|8. Energy Rating|
|9. Ability to Access Filter & to Remove, Clean and Re-install|
|10. Quality of Construction & Warranty|
|11. Value for the Price|
The Ebac WM80 & WM150 dehumidifiers are ideal for commercial and residential work with specific design for harsh moisture environments like indoor swimming pools, spas, locker rooms, and de-flooding issues.
- Large room coverage potential by removing between 62 & 71 pints of moisture per day and 15 to 27 gallons in extreme saturated conditions.
- Low temperature operation: both models come with hot gas defrost allowing moisture removal down to 33 degrees.
- Built in pump with supplied 25 feet of drainage hose allows for easy removal of water collected.
- Heavy duty construction with their robust steel construction and epoxy powder coated finish for durability.
- Adjustable Humidistat allows you to set the desired humidity so the dehumidifier will turn itself on and off as needed.
- Wall mounting option both units can be wall mounted with their sleek narrow depth.
- Both models are not very quiet with noise ratings of 58 dba.
- The WM80 at 81 pounds and the WM150 at 165 pounds both do not have easy carrying handles or casters so are not the easiest to transport and re-locate.
- Although it has a washable filter it is not easy to access and requires removal of a bracketed cover.
- Although the WM80 is good on energy use, the WM150 is not.
The Ebac WM80 and WM150 are Ebac's answer for commercial and residential humidity control issues of a medium sized nature. They will consistently remove sizable amounts of moisture with the potential of exorbitant quantities at high temperature and humidity conditions as well as in extremely cold environments. Their sleek design will not take up much space and can even be wall mounted if needed. The fact they come with built-in pumps with supplied drainage hose as well as adjustable humidistat to automatically monitor the desired humidity make permanently controlling moisture conditions very easy. Their heavy duty construction allows them safe operation even under the harsh chemical and moisture levels present in indoor pools. They are not the lightest dehumidifiers and because they are without casters or easy carrying handles they are not very easy to move once installed. However, considering most applications for these models are better suited for permanent maintenance of humidity day in and day out this poses less of a factor. These models come with washable filters but we wish they had made them more accessible without requiring any disassembly of parts. The WM80 is very efficient removing 8.3 pints per kilowatt hour once it is running while the WM150 removes only 2.8 pints so one needs to take this into consideration when making a decision. These models offer a lot of value for the right situation and we are confident you will not be disappointed.
Ebac WM150 Dehumidifiers
- Water Removal Capacity: 27 gallons at saturation. 67 pints per day at AHAM (80° 60%RH).
- Dehumidification area: up to 2500 square feet
- Air flow: 650 CFM
- Heat Recovery: 12,000 BTU
Ebac WM150 Dehumidifiers at $2199.00.
Ebac WM80 Dehumidifiers
- Water Removal Capacity: 15 gallons at saturation. 56 pints per day at AHAM (80° 60%RH)
- Dehumidification area: up to 1500 square feet
- Air flow: 360 CFM
- Heat Recovery: 6,625 BTU
Ebac WM80 Dehumidifiers at $1689.00.
Ebac WM150 Dehumidifiers
Ebac WM80 Dehumidifiers
|Coverage Area||Up to 2500 sq. ft.||Up to 1500 sq. ft.|
|Water Removal Capacity||67 pints per day set @ 80 F, 65% RH, 27 gallons at saturation||56 pints per day set @ 80 F, 65%,15 gallons at saturation|
|Operating Temperature Range||33° - 105°F||33° - 105°F|
|CFM||650 CFM||360 CFM|
|Power Supply||1500 watts, 13 amps, 115V||8 amps, 900 watts, 115V|
|Dimensions||26.8"H x 31.7"W x 11.6"D||19.3"H x 21.8"W x 11.3"D|
|Weight (lbs)||124.6 lbs||82.7 lbs|
|Warranty||1 yr electrical. 3 yrs compressor, condenser, evaporator||1 yr electrical. 3 yrs compressor, condenser, evaporator|
Please have the information to the following questions ready when contacting us:
- In what city and state is the room located?
- What are the dimensions of your poolroom (length times the width times the height of the ceiling)?
- Describe the quality of construction?(how well is it sealed, what material was used for the walls and ceiling)
- What is the present relative humidity in the room?
- What is the desired relative humidity to be achieved?
- What is the average air temperature in the room?
- What is the surface area of the pool?(square footage- length x width)
- What is the temperature of the water?
- Is the pool covered when not in use? (If it is, how many hours for any 6 hour period is it not covered)
- Besides a pool, is there a spa/hot tub in the room?
- If there is a spa, what is the surface area? (square footage- length x width)
- If there is a spa, what is the temperature of the water?
- If there is a spa, is it covered when not in use? (If it is, how many hours for any 6 hour period is it not covered)