Powerful Dehumidifier - Ebac CD425 Review
by: John (Baltimore, MD)
"I needed a dehumidifier for my warehouse so I chose the CD425 Ebac dehumidifier. I have a very large warehouse and was always having moisture issues. The unit arrived and it is extremely large and required a 220 connection but what it took out of the air was incredible. The entire warehouse was drie..."
See entire review
Ebac CD425 Industrial Dehumidifiers
Ebac CD425 industrial dehumidifier for commercial dehumidification helps prevent water damage and control odors, mildew, mold, allergies and asthma. Includes system indicator lamps, operates down to 33°F, and is ductable. Industrial dehumidifier ratings, reviews and comparisons. Reports by consumer experts.
Availability: Ships within 1-2 business days
Description of The Ebac CD425 Industrial Dehumidifiers
The Ebac CD425 is the most powerful free standing dehumidifier we offer. This workhorse can dehumidify an area up to 10,000 sq. ft. It can remove 285 pints per day of moisture on the average, and 400 pints in extremes. Dehumidifier operates down to 33°F, and has humidistat control, system indicator lamps, hot gas defrost, and is ductable to work in multiple rooms. Dehumidifier can be used on its own, or in multiple units to provide dehumidification to a very large area.
See the entire family of Ebac Dehumidifiers.
The Ebac CD425 Industrial Dehumidifiers are ideal for someone who...
- Has a need for industrial dehumidification in up to 10,000 sq. ft. in either moderately damp to extremely wet areas in harsh conditions.
- Needs powerful dehumidification up to 285 pints of water removal per day (50 gallons maximum in extreme conditions - 90°F 90% humidity) for very large areas such as warehouses, factories, offices, and other large-scale facilities; can be utilized as multiple units.
- Wants a rugged dehumidifier with a heavy duty steel exterior.
- Would like easy to read system indicator lamps to check operating status of dehumidifier.
- Needs a ductable dehumidifier to control moisture in multiple rooms through vents.
- Wants to prevent water damage to building foundation and insulation, and prevent dripping condensation from pipes.
- Ideal for dehumidification on a large scale
- Quick moisture control of up to 285 pints per day
- "Reverse Cycle" defrosting system for effective low temp operation down to 33°F
- Adjustable humidistat to control the level of dryness desired
- Welded steel chassis with baked epoxy-coated and vinyl coatings for abrasion and corrosion resistance
- System lamps to report the operating status of the unit
- Rugged design for harsh industrial environments
- Ducted applications available
Expert Review: Courtesy of AllergyBuyersClub.com
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Room Coverage Based on 24 Hour Moisture Removal|
|2. Noise Level|
|3. Low Temperature Operation|
|4. Quality of the Continuous Drainage Option Included (Ease of hose attachment, location above the ground to improve the flow of water w/ gravity and provides the hose)|
|5. Bucket Capacity||Not Applicable|
|6. Size, Weight and Maneuverability|
|7. Ease of Access to Bucket & to Remove and Replace||Not Applicable|
|8. Energy Rating|
|9. Ability to Access Filter & to Remove, Clean and Re-install||Not Applicable|
|10. Quality of Construction & Warranty|
|11. Value for the Price|
The Ebac CD425 is an industrial dehumidifier powerful enough to remove moderate to extreme moisture in extremely large areas. These impressive machines are perfect for commercial dehumidification applications such as warehouses, large scale facilities and offices buildings among others.
- Removes up to 50 gallons of excess moisture and drys up to 10,000 square feet.
- Will operate in temperatures as low as 33 degrees.
- Drainage hose and optional condensate pump allow for easy water removal.
- "Hot Gas" defrost accommodates low temperature operation with ease.
- Backed by 1 year warranty with 3 years on compressor, evaporator and condenser.
- Very large and heavy at 353 pounds.
- Using 16 amps per hour and requiring a 220 volt hookup - these are not the most energy efficient.
If you have a large warehouse or commercial building in desperate need of quick and powerful dehumidification, the Ebac CD425 is the machine for you. Covering a vast 10,000 square feet, this dehumidifier will pull up to 50 gallons of moisture per day depending on the severity of conditions. The "Hot Gas" defrost feature allows the CD425 to operate at temperatures as low as 33 degrees. The CD425 can be ducted for spaces with multiple rooms or compartments. Humidistat control and system indicator lamps are just a couple features that make this unit the ultimate tool for those looking for a large scale moisture removal solution.
Ebac CD425 Dehumidifiers
|Coverage Area||Up to 10,000 sq ft|
|Water Removal Capacity||Up to 285 pints per day set @ 80°F, 60% RH, 50 gallons at saturation|
|Operating Temperature Range||33°F - 95°F|
|Power Supply||3680 watts, 16 amps, 230V, 60 Hz|
|Dimensions||47" H x 43" W x 19" D|
|Weight (lbs)||353 lbs|
|Warranty||1 yr electrical. 3 yrs compressor, condenser, evaporator|
Ideal attachment for constant drainage of dehumidifier where no floor drain is available and the only option is a sink, window, or location in the floor above the room. Comes with 20 ft. of discharge hose. Pumps water up to 15 feet high.
Availability: In Stock. Ships Same or Next Business Day.