5% Off any Order up to $400 w/promo code FALLFIVE
by: Tim (Minneapolis, MN)
"I got this dehumidifier for my basement and found it simple to install. Just plugged it in and turned it on and set the dial. I was surprised at how quiet it is yet it dehumidifies well. This is not the most powerful unit but is perfect for a small area in your basement especially if you have an off..."
See entire review
Ebac CD35 and CD35P Dehumidifiers with Built-in Pump
Ebac industrial dehumidifiers for commercial or large home dehumidification help prevent water damage and control odors, mildew, mold, allergies and asthma. Dehumidifies up to a 500 sq. ft. room and works down to 33 °F. Dehumidifiers ratings, reviews and comparisons. Reports by consumer experts.
Availability: Ships within 1-2 business days
Availability: Ships within 4-5 business days
Description of Ebac CD35 and CD35-P Dehumidifiers
Best choice dehumidifiers for dehumidifying small areas in extreme conditions. Can operate down to 33°F and are both quiet and energy efficient. Reliable and durable, these dehumidifiers are popular with our customers and long lasting models. They have 4 casters, an easy carrying handle, and Ebac's "Hot Gas" defrosting feature which automatically eliminates frost build up on evaporator coils, providing continuous, effective dehumidifier operation at low temperatures. The CD35-P model has a built-in pump for continuous water removal.
See the entire family of Ebac Dehumidifiers.
Ebac CD35 and CD35-P Dehumidifiers are ideal for someone who...
- Has a need for home or commercial use dehumidifiers for an area up to 500 sq. ft. in either moderately damp to wet areas.
- Wants quiet, maintenance free moisture removal in extreme environments without the cost and irritation of coil freeze-up.
- Would like low temp operation down to 33°F - has a safe, "Hot Gas" defrosting feature which automatically eliminates frost build up.
- Wants a dehumidifier with an internal adjustable humidstat.
- Would like multiple water removal options - choose from collection bucket, gravity drain hose attachment, or optional built-in internal pump.
- Compact, free standing dehumidifier for commercial or home use
- "Hot Gas" defrost system for effective operation down to 33°F
- High efficiency reciprocating compressor
- Adjustable control humidistat to maintain the level of dryness
- Integral water container/bucket & float system
- Bucket full indicator with automatic cutoff
- totally enclosed coils in an epoxy-coated, heavy gauge steel case
- Galvanized chassis
- Simple to operate
- Extra long power cord
- Sturdy carry handle and rolling casters
Expert Review: Courtesy of AllergyBuyersClub.com
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Room Coverage Based on 24 Hour Moisture Removal|
|2. Noise Level|
|3. Low Temperature Operation|
|4. Quality of the Continuous Drainage Option Included (Ease of hose attachment, location above the ground to improve the flow of water w/ gravity and provides the hose)|
|5. Bucket Capacity|
|6. Size, Weight and Maneuverability|
|7. Ease of Access to Bucket & to Remove and Replace|
|8. Energy Rating|
|9. Ability to Access Filter & to Remove, Clean and Re-install||Not Applicable|
|10. Quality of Construction & Warranty|
|11. Value for the Price|
The Ebac CD35 & CD35P are compact units that are very quiet and work best in a residential environment like the home, den, basement, or garage but are still rugged enough to be used in industrial and commercial applications too.
- Low noise level: 47 decibels sounds a bit quieter than a normal conversation (60 dba is a normal conversation).
- Low Temperature Operation: operates down to 33°F before shutting off. The "Hot Gas" defrost automatically eliminates frost build up.
- Humidity level control: the adjustable humidistat gives the ability to control the level of humidity in a room.
- Convenient water drainage choices: the CD35 has a 9.5 pint capacity collection bucket, drain hose connection, and optional CD35-P model includes a built-in pump.
- Durable: rugged exterior cabinet protects internal dehumidifier parts.
- Easy Mobility: rolls easily on casters, and very sturdy carrying handle.
- Design of dehumidifiers is very industrial looking
- Lower water removal capacity than other industrial dehumidifiers
- Expensive for home use, but a good value since these dehumidifiers are long lasting and run reliably in very cold temperatures
- The bucket is rather small at 9 1/2 pints but there is a connection that can be made to continually drain the water as well as a pump with hose on the CD35P model
Since the Ebac CD35 & CD35P are so quiet and compact, they are an excellent choice for residential use especially in one's basement, garage, or any area needing drying out. The only issue if one plans on using it in the living area of their home is its industrial appearance. It is designed to have the Hot Gas Defrost turn on every 45 minutes to melt any ice build-up allowing continued performance even down to 33 degrees. The CD35 even has a temperature sensitive device to operate in conjunction with the defrost control to accelerate the melting of the ice during very low temperatures by turning the fan off. It is very well built from its all galvanized interior, fully enclosed coils, welded and galvanized steel chassis, to its epoxy coated finish for durable protection. Four independent heavy-duty casters make it simple to move from place to place. We would have liked it if they supplied you with a larger container but one does have the option to remove it and attach a hose to the drainage fitting to gravity drain it. However, they do not supply it and it is not your typical garden hose but a 3/8 inch inside diameter tubing that can easily be purchased locally. We feel it is well worth the extra money to eliminate these issues by purchasing the CD35P which will provide a condensate pump located in the back with a supplied 25 foot drainage hose for the easiest drainage method. The CD35 will remove up to 17 pints of water and up to 6 gallons in severe environments but we wish it had a bit more capacity since it is best for areas 500 square feet and smaller. However, just as every size and type of machine has a purpose so does the CD35. If you are willing to overlook its industrial appearance and accept its restricted capacity, you will be surprised to find it is extremely versatile and can be used in both residential and industrial environments regardless of how harsh.
Ebac CD35 Dehumidifiers
|Coverage Area||Up to 500 sq feet|
|Water Removal Capacity||17 pints per day set @ 80°F, 60%RH, 6 gallons at saturation|
|Operating Temperature Range||33 to 95°F|
|Noise Level||47 dba|
|Power Supply||350 watts, 4 - 5 amps, 110v, 60 Hz|
|Dimensions||21"H x 14"W x 14"D|
|Warranty||1 yr electrical. 3 yrs compressor, condenser, evaporator|