See Specials Here!
10% Off any Order $400+ w/promo code FALLSALE10
5% Off any Order up to $400 w/promo code FALLSALE5
This Ebac Dehumidifier is On My Best Buy List
by: Birdie (Upstate New York.)
"A little noisy, but who cares, I'm not around this Ebac AD850E as it is below level. The humidity dropped from 80% to 55% in 20 minutes (1000 sq. ft.) I was stunned. So glad I didn't buy another less expensive dehumidifier (I've been through two, and they were 25 bucks each to take to the transfer s..."
See entire review
Ebac AD850E Commercial Industrial Dehumidifiers
Ebac AD850E industrial and home dehumidifiers for commercial or large home dehumidification helps prevent water damage and control odors, mildew, mold, allergies and asthma. Dehumidifiers ratings, reviews and comparisons. Reports by consumer experts.
Availability: Ships within 1-2 business days
Description of Ebac AD850 Dehumidifiers
The Ebac AD850E dehumidifier is designed specifically for a wide range of applications and helps control humidity levels in areas up to 1,700 square feet. This quiet, energy efficient unit can remove large amounts of moisture in residential or commercial areas down to 41°F. Features a digital display, internal adjustable humidistat and 2 washable air filters for odor control. Its attractive design allows this rugged dehumidifier to be placed in public spaces. This reliable dehumidifier can be placed in indoor swimming pool/spa areas, locker or laundry rooms, or industrial environments where moisture control is required.
See the entire family of Ebac Dehumidifiers.
Ebac AD850 Dehumidifiers are ideal for someone who...
- Has a need for stylish, commercial grade dehumidifiers for an area up to 1700 sq. ft. in either moderately damp to extremely wet areas.
- Needs powerful dehumidification up to 87 pints of water removal per day.
- Prefers an energy efficient dehumidifier - with a low power draw.
- Needs to remove unwanted moisture within an indoor pool or spa area.
- Wants a dehumidifier that will remove moisture which may cause corrosion and structural damage within an indoor pool facility, aerobic room, workout area, or locker and laundry rooms.
- Wants attractive styling - suitable for a large publish spaces such as homes, schools, museums, restaurants, spas, gyms - or computer rooms, animal enclosures, cellars.
- Wants a dehumidifier with an internal adjustable humidistat.
- Would like a dehumidifier with a built-in internal condensate pump for automatic water removal.
- Reliable solution for humidity control in a wide variety of applications
- Electronic, temperature sensitive defrost to allow operation down to 41°F
- Built-in condensate pump with powerful vertical lift
- Internal electronic humidistat allows for accurate humidity readings
- Adjustable humidity settings between 40 – 80%
- Streamlined modern design blends in with different decors and environments
- Cross-flow blower for quiet operation
- Two speed fan motor
- high efficiency rotary compressor
- Two removable washable air filters
- Can be installed free standing or wall mounted
Expert Review: Courtesy of AllergyBuyersClub.com
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Room Coverage Based on 24 Hour Moisture Removal|
|2. Noise Level|
|3. Low Temperature Operation|
|4. Quality of the Continuous Drainage Option Included (Ease of hose attachment, location above the ground to improve the flow of water w/ gravity and provides the hose)|
|5. Bucket Capacity||Not Applicable|
|6. Size, Weight and Maneuverability|
|7. Ease of Access to Bucket & to Remove and Replace||Not Applicable|
|8. Energy Rating|
|9. Ability to Access Filter & to Remove, Clean and Re-install|
|10. Quality of Construction & Warranty|
|11. Value for the Price|
We recommend this dehumidifier for anyone who wants an attractive, quiet dehumidifier to remove moisture and protect important equipment, furniture, archives, exhibits, and books in humid and damp public places. We also recommend it for indoor swimming pools and spas.
- Attractive exterior: this dehumidifier is one of our most attractive looking units for public spaces.
- Washable air filters: 2 included with dehumidifier for dust and odor control.
- Low noise level - cross flow blower for quiet operation- sound similar to a quiet conversation (in between a whisper and a normal conversation level).
- Low operating temperature: Ebac AD850E dehumidifiers run down to 41°F, which is an added bonus for cold conditions.
- High quality construction: all of the essential wiring is tightly sealed inside the cabinet to protect them from the moisture and chemicals.
- Flexible positioning: the fact that these dehumidifiers can be wall mounted is a big plus, to keep them out of the way for space saving reasons.
- Energy efficient: only draws about 3.5 amps/hr when dehumidifiers are running.
- Multiple fan speeds: 3 fan speeds allow for energy savings when only a certain amount of dehumidification is needed.
- Built in condensate pump with supplied drainage hose makes re-locating the moisture that is removed very easy.
- Internal adjustable humidistat allows the selection of the desired humidity so it will run until it is reached and resume dehumidifying when it goes back up.
- The units are not wheel mounted and do not have carry handles.
- Expensive, but for good reason, as these units are durable, powerful, attractive, and include an internal pump.
Being used to Ebac's rugged, industrial looking design we were almost fooled when we first looked at the AD850E's attractive, streamlined, modern design. Upon further scrutiny we realized this is a serious dehumidifier that can remove as much as 20 gallons of moisture from the air in extreme conditions. As you take a closer look you discover it has washable air filters, built in pump, an internal adjustable humidistat, automatic defrost, and the same sturdy construction as the other Ebac models possess. About the only thing we could find fault with was that there are no casters or carry handles so it is not the easiest dehumidifier to transport or re-locate. Also, this model is a bit pricey but you get a lot for the money when you realize it can even be used in a room with an indoor swimming pool and/or spa. This is possible due to the design of the wiring which is protected from the moisture and the chemicals by being housed separately in its own compartment. The bottom line is that the AD850E provides the moisture removal power of a heavy duty industrial dehumidifier without looking like one.
Ebac AD850E Dehumidifiers
|Coverage Area||Up to 1700 sq ft|
|Water Removal Capacity||87 pints per day set @ 80°F, 60%RH, 20 gallons at saturation|
|Operating Temperature Range||41°F - 95°F|
|CFM||300 cfm (max)|
|Noise Level||51 dba|
|Refrigerant Type||R407C (26 oz)|
|Power Supply||880 watts, 7.8 amps, 115V, 60Hz|
|Dimensions||29.5"H x 26"W x 13.5"D|
|Warranty||1 yr electrical. 3 yrs compressor, condenser, evaporator|
Sizing up the proper equipment for your needs has many variables and we recommend using our guidance. To assist you in choosing the right dehumidifier for your particular situation please call one of our product specialists at (888) 236-7231. This is a free, no obligation consultation.
Please have the information to the following questions ready when contacting us:
- In what city and state is the room located?
- What are the dimensions of your poolroom (length times the width times the height of the ceiling)?
- Describe the quality of construction?(how well is it sealed, what material was used for the walls and ceiling)
- What is the present relative humidity in the room?
- What is the desired relative humidity to be achieved?
- What is the average air temperature in the room?
- What is the surface area of the pool?(square footage- length x width)
- What is the temperature of the water?
- Is the pool covered when not in use? (If it is, how many hours for any 6 hour period is it not covered)
- Besides a pool, is there a spa/hot tub in the room?
- If there is a spa, what is the surface area? (square footage- length x width)
- If there is a spa, what is the temperature of the water?
- If there is a spa, is it covered when not in use? (If it is, how many hours for any 6 hour period is it not covered)