Sometimes wrestling with a mattress dust mite encasing can be difficult. Here are a few tips to make the job easier and to help you avoid damaging your new dust mite encasings.
Pillow Dust Mite Encasing
- Unzip the cover.
- Fold the pillow in half, lengthwise. (Think of a hot dog bun.) Carefully insert the pillow into the pillow dust mite encasing. Be careful not to catch the dust mite encasing on sharp objects or fingernails.
- Gently unfold the pillow and make sure it fits correctly.
- Zip the dust mite encasing.
- Place a pillowcase over the dust mite encasing.
Mattress or Box Spring Dust Mite Encasing
- Stand the mattress or box spring upright next to the bed.
(Next best option: place the mattress or box spring sideways).
- Unzip the mattress or box spring dust mite encasing.
- Slip the rolled encasing back over both corners of one end of the mattress or box spring.
- Gently unroll the dust mite encasing back over the mattress or box spring, easing it into place.
- When the entire mattress or box spring is snugly enclosed in the dust mite encasing, carefully zip it shut.
- Place the covered mattress or box spring back on the bed frame.
Use a fitted sheet over the covered mattress.
Dust Mite Allergy Relief
Compare Dust Mite Covers
Create a Dust Mite and Allergy Free Bed