Cottonfresh Natural Cotton Dust Mite Crib Mattress Covers - Eco Tex certified
Zippered dust mite encasings provide a dust mite allergen barrier for your baby's crib mattresses. Baby will sleep and breathe better after using these cool, cottony and comfortable covers. Encasings are available in crib size.
Availability: Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery.
Description of Cottonfresh Natural Cotton Dust Mite Crib Mattress Covers
These pure cotton encasing from Europe are constructed of 100% all-natural cotton that is unbleached, undyed, and untreated. The CottonFresh fabric has passed stringent European testing and is Eco-Tex certified, guaranteeing it to be free of harmful chemicals and 21 specific allergens. The cotton is woven so tightly that dust mites cannot get through, yet it remains lightweight, silky, supple, and breathable. Besides being one of our lightest and smoothest dust mite covers, CottonFresh offers the smallest average pore size of any of our pure cotton dust mite covers! Tested in Europe at the Entomology Center at the University of Cambridge and by the British Textiles Technology Group, as well as in the USA by Porous Materials, Inc., these encasements have an extremely small pore size of 3.45 microns, which is well below the required 6 micron needed to prevent dust mites an their allergens from passing. Natural in color with nylon zipper closures. Includes a 10-year manufacturers warranty.
View our entire collection of Cottonfresh Dust Mite Encasings.
Cottonfresh Natural Cotton Dust Mite Crib Mattress Covers are ideal for someone who...
- Wants to protect their baby from dust mites and their allergens
- Wants a chemical free, natural cotton dust mite cover
- Cool, comfortable 100% cotton dust mite covers made from unbleached, untreated fabric
- Contain no biocide or flame retardant chemicals
- Free of 21 specific allergens
- Natural Color
- Full zipper closure
- Crib Size: 29" x 53" x 5.9"
Expert Review: Courtesy of AllergyBuyersClub.com
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Barrier to Dust Mites (pore size less than 10 microns)|
|2. Barrier to Dust Mite Allergens (pore size less than 6 microns)|
|3. Fabric Quality|
|4. Zipper Quality|
|5. Construction Quality|
|6. Sleeping Comfort (quiet and discrete under sheets - no plastic feel)|
|7. Easy to put on|
|10. Value for Price|
|11. Manufacturer's Warranty|
- Small pore size of 3.45 microns is very impressive for a woven natural cotton dust mite cover and will efficiently block dust mites and their allergens
- Fabric is a lightweight cotton with a soft sateen feel. You will not even know these are on your bed or pillows.
- Fabric is made from a pure natural cotton that is Eco-Tex(Oeko-Tex) certified guaranteeing it to be free of harmful chemicals and 21 specific allergens that are commonly used in manufacturing textiles
- Safe for those with sensitive skin or Multiple Chemical Sensitivities
- Very impressive fabric and construction quality
- 1 year warranty is disappointing compared to the average 5 year warranty on top quality cotton dust mite covers like these
- As with all woven dust mite covers, these will reduce in efficiency over time as wear and repeated washing will naturally increase the pore size of the fabric. Wash only when necessary to extend the life of these covers.
Cottonfresh represents the latest developments in allergy avoidance bedding. Barrier covers for pillows, duvets and mattresses have been around for a while now, but usually relying on synthetic fabrics and plastic membranes to keep house dust mite allergens at bay. But these materials can be unsuitable for anyone sensitive to chemicals or who find synthetics hot or noisy to sleep on. Cottonfresh are soft, smooth and feel more comfortable than even regular cotton pillow case covers. We heard about a UK firm which
has made a major breakthrough in quality and comfort with their Cottonfresh bedding encasings and tracked them down. We had samples of their barrier covers sent over to test for our members and believe me they are the "Rolls Royce" of allergy free bedding! Cottonfresh barrier covers are made of 100% pure natural unbleached cotton. The Cottonfresh fabric has been tested and found to have a pore size of 3.45 microns which is well below the 10 microns needed to block dust mites.
Please Note: Opened bedding is not returnable unless covered under the warranty.
Availability: These dust mite covers ship via the post office from England, then transfer over to the US postal service. Check in with your local post office for information on your package status. Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery.
Canadian Customers please note: Your postal service imposes taxes and service charges on this item.
Note: Please be sure and measure your crib mattress depth as these mattress encasings are custom made.