See Fall Specials Here!
5% Off any Order up to $500 w/promo code OCTCUST5
"Been using this for over a year and am very happy with the design. I use it every two days to clean out my pellet stove so it is used quite frequently. After much use, the pre-filter sleeve over the HEPA will get clogged and reduce suction. To cope with this, turn the machine off and then lift the u..."
See entire review
Description of Bad Ash 2 Fireplace Vacuum Cleaners
The Bad Ash 2 vacuum cleaner makes easy cleaning of tough messes such as fireplaces, fire pits, and pellet stoves. The Bad Ash 2 quickly sucks up ash and safely contains it within its large 5.28 gallon metal bucket. The Bad Ash 2 uses a HEPA filtration system to keep ash and other particles from entering not only the vacuum’s motor, but also the air you breathe. The Bad Ash 2 vacuum cleaner is designed for cold ash pick up but is also great for picking up broken glass, cat litter and other messes you do not want to use your regular vacuum cleaner for. As a safety precaution, the vacuum’s hose is coated in aluminum and the filters have been treated with a fire retardant for additional fire and heat protection against the occasional hot coal.
Bad Ash 2 Fireplace Vacuum Cleaners are ideal for someone who...
- Wants a clean, safe and easy alternative to sweeping or shoveling ash from the fireplace or wood stove.
- Wants an affordable, do-it-yourself way to clean ash from the fireplace or wood stove.
- 6 amp, 800 watt motor provides plenty of suction power
- Sealed HEPA filtration captures 99.97% of particles larger than 0.3 microns
- Fire retardant pre-filter sleeve
- Steel housing
- 5.28 gallon bucket capacity
- Lid secures with 4 metal latches
- Built in handle
- 5 ft. aluminum reinforced hose with nozzle attachment
- For cold cleaning only
- 14.5 ft polarized power cord
- Bucket Size: 12"D x 15"H
- Weight when empty: 8 lbs.
- Color: black
- 1 year limited warranty
Once you have sucked up 5-10 gallons of ash (1-2 full containers), you need to clean the filters. Open the cover and remove the pre-filter sleeve and clean it using an ordinary domestic vacuum cleaner. Next, remove and vacuum the HEPA filter. Do not wash the filters with water. Replace the filters after you have sucked up about 25-30 gallons of ash (5-6 containers of ash) or if damaged by hot ash.
For cleaning ash out of a fireplace, stove or fire pit. For use with cold or lukewarm ash only. Hot or glowing ashes may result in a fire. Do not try to suck up charcoal or larger objects as it can cause a clog. Do not use to pick up water.
Expert Review: Courtesy of AllergyBuyersClub.comThe Bad Ash 2 vacuum has been designed to quickly and efficiently clean up ash, soot and coals in the home without worry of blowing harmful particulate into the air. The Bad Ash 2 employs a unique pre-filter sleeve and HEPA filter to prevent suction loss and minimize the frequency in which you will need to clean and replace the vacuum's filters.
- Easy to use and empty.
- No messy sweeping and shoveling of ashes.
- Clean your wood stove, pellet stove or fireplace without ruining your household vacuum cleaner.
- Pre-filter protects and prevents premature clogging of HEPA.
- Uses a pre-filter and HEPA filter to prevent any particulates from exhausting into the air.
- Works great for cleaning up cold coals, ashes, cat litter, sheet rock dust, sawdust and other substances that would clog and ruin your regular vacuum cleaner.
- Ideal for anyone who has a fireplace, wood stove, pellet stove or barbecue pit.
- Can be used for cold ashes only.
Anyone who heats their home with a wood or pellet stove understands that the biggest issue with ash vacuums is how frequently the HEPA filter will become clogged and thus requires cleaning. Removing and cleaning the HEPA filter for an ash vacuum is a dirty and unpleasant job to say the least. The Bad Ash 2 fireplace vacuum cleaner takes the best features from other well known ash vacuums and incorporated a specially designed pre-filter sleeve for it’s HEPA filter. We are happy to report that after extensive usage, the pre-filter sleeve does prevent ash from caking between the HEPA pleats and thus there is no loss of suction. Our recommendation is to remove the pre-filter sleeve and inspect the HEPA filter after ever 5-6 uses. Clean filters will help the Bad Ash 2 maintain top performance and efficiency.
Bad Ash 2 Fireplace Vacuum Cleaner
|Motor (watts)||800 watts|
|Power supply of vacuums||120V, 60Hz, 6amps|
|Power cord length||14.75 ft|
|Vacuum Dimensions||12"D x 15"H|
|Weight of vacuum||8 lbs|
|Dust capacity||5.28 gallons|
|Warranty||1 year limited|