Great Water Filter
by: Greenshopper (Jersey shore)
"This AquaCera water filter was very easy to install. It doesn't take up too much room on the counter. The water pressure is quite good. I wish that the spout extended out a little more, but I can work around that."
See entire review
AquaCera HCP Countertop Water Filter with CeraUltra™ Filter
AquaCera water filters are the perfect solution to home water purification. The AquaCera CeraUltra filter effectively removes parasites, lead and chlorine. Expert advice from knowledgeable staff. Fast free shipping and 30-day no hassle return policy. Ratings & reviews.
Availability: In Stock. Ships Same or Next Business Day.
Description of AquaCera HCP Countertop Water Filter with CeraUltra™ Filter
The AquaCera HCP countertop water filter is a simple yet high quality, point of use filtration system utilizing ceramic and carbon block technology to deliver safe and great tasting drinking water. The CeraUltra™ filter helps reduce harmful parasites, dirt, chlorine, odor, mold, lead, iron and hydrogen sulfides that may be present in your water. It does not remove the beneficial minerals from the water, ensuring the filtered water is enjoyable to drink and yet safe from harmful impurities. This filter easily attaches to the faucet and needs no permanent modifications to the sink or kitchen plumbing. A diverter valve allows the choice of filtered or unfiltered water at any time. The compact size and superior performance of these filters make them a perfect choice for apartments, RVs, cottages, offices and smaller homes.
AquaCera HCP Filter System:
- Free standing, single stage, countertop filtration system
- For cold water use only
- Compact size
- Includes housing with 3/8" inlet and outlet, diverter valve, tubing and quick connect fittings for installation
- Acetal/Polyester housing - BPA free, non-leaching
- Easily attaches to most standard faucets
- Removes all suspended matter larger than 0.3 micron
- Removes pathogenic bacteria and cysts
- Reduces chemicals and heavy metals including lead, chlorine and organic matter
- Does not remove beneficial minerals from the water
- 0.9 micron absolute rated
- > 99.99% efficiency at 0.2 micron
- > 90% efficiency at 0.05 micron
- Self-sterilizing silver technology
- Silver impregnated micro-porous ceramic shell
- Activated carbon block core with ATS resin
- Silver in filter is non-leaching
- Designed for pressure filter use
- Fits 1/4" BSP threaded, candle mount, filter systems such as AquaCera, Doulton, British Berkefeld
- NSF certified
CeraUltra™ Filter Efficiency
|System Reduction||% Reduction|
|Cryptosporidium Parvum/Giardia Lamblia||
|Sediment down to 0.8 micron||
|Sediment 0.3 - 0.5 micron||
Due to filtration of particulates and contaminants from the water during use, the flow of the water from the filter may deteriorate over a period of time. To restore the water flow to its normal level, simply remove and clean by scrubbing the surface of the filter with an abrasive non detergent scouring pad. The reduced flow of water would be the indicator that it is time to clean your filter. The cleaning frequency will depend upon the quality of the water supply. Depending on use and water conditions filter should be replaced once a year.
AquaCera HCP housing and CeraUltra™ filters are manufactured in the USA.
Expert Review: Courtesy of AllergyBuyersClub.com
- Instantly delivers safe drinking water that tastes good.
- Filters all suspended solid matter greater than 0.3 micron.
- It reduces environmental contaminants including Pesticides, Herbicides, VOC's, Trihalomethanes (THM) and Poly-aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAH).
- It reduces heavy metals including Lead, Iron and Aluminum.
- It removes Chlorine and Chloramines to help improve water's taste and odor.
- The filter's ceramic outer shell is impregnated with silver which prevents bacteria growth and make the filters self-sterilizing.
- Filter is NSF certified.
- Compact and slim design is a nice choice for those with smaller kitchen areas.
- No need to call a plumber to install. The unit comes with everything you need, including clear directions, for setting up to a standard faucet.
- Easy and affordable to maintain. Simply unscrew the housing, take out the filter and clean the surface with a scouring pad. The amount of gunk collected on the filter serves as evidence that the system is working properly. After around a year, depending on water conditions and usage, the filter should be replaced.
- Easy and simple to use. The diverter valve is of strong quality and makes it easy to change from unfiltered to filter water.
- Helps to save money and the environment by greatly reducing the need to purchase bottled water.
- Faucet adapter may not fit some designer kitchen faucets.
- Not the most attractive thing to have next to your sink.
- Easy to accidentally run hot water through filter, which can crack and ruin the filter.
- Must clean the filter every few months (depends on water quality) to maintain strong water flow.
The AquaCera HCP countertop water filter is a simple yet high quality filtration system that's designed to remove common contaminants such as chlorine taste and odor, lead, hydrogen sulfides, bacteria and cysts. The CeraUltra™ ceramic and carbon block filter (a new and improved alternative to the Doulton Ultracarb filter) is able to significantly improve the taste and odor of your household water at the point of use. We highly recommend this countertop water filter with the CeraUltra™ filter for anyone who wants a simple solution to achieving healthy, great tasting drinking water in their home. Its compact size, low maintenance and affordable price make it a great choice for any home setting, including a cottage, condo, apartment or mobile home.
AquaCera HCP Countertop Water Filter with CeraUltra Filter
|Filtration Efficiency||Absolute (defined as >99.99%): 0.9 micron
Nominal (defined as >99.99%): 0.5 to 0.8 micron
|Recommended Flow||0.3 to 1.0 gpm|
|Capacity||1500 gallons or 12 months|
|Flow Rate||0.5 GPM|
|Working Temperature Range||Maximum: 38°C / 100°F
Minimum: 5°C / 41°F
|Working Pressure||Maximum: 862 Kpa (125 psig)
Minimum: 62 Kpa (10 psig)
|Dimensions||12.5"H x 4.75"W|
|Weight||1.5 lbs (housing only)|
|Color||White with gray base|
CeraUltra 10" slimeline ceramic filter. Ceramic outer shell with carbon block core and heavy metal reduction. Impregnated with silver to prevent bacteria growth and is self-sterilizing. Wash every 6 months, replace every 12 months.
Availability: In Stock. Ships Same or Next Business Day.