Works very well.
by: Nana (Ctr. Harbor,New Hampshire)
"This humidifier holds the humidity in the house well. On F3 it is a bit noisy but it is mostly run on F1 or 2. The reservoir is easy to fill, the unit is not large and is unobstrusive in the room. All in all, very satisfactory."
See entire review
AIRCARE® 8 Gallon Cool Mist Humidifier #MA0800
AIRCARE® 8-gallon evaporative cool mist humidifier with digital humidistat for moisture control. Ideal to humidify areas up to 1700 sq. ft. A cool mist humidifier helps to humidify the air and relieve sinus pressure, headaches, allergies and asthma.
The AIRCARE® 8 Gallon Cool Mist Humidifier is out of stock for the season. As an alternative we recommend the AIRCARE® 12 Gallon Cool Mist Humidifier.
Availability: Out of stock for the season.
Description of AIRCARE® 8-Gallon Cool Mist Humidifiers
OurAIRCARE® 8-Gallon Cool Mist Humidifiers feature a simple, easy-to-operate design when seeking relief from dry skin, sinus headaches, allergies and other symptoms caused by dry air. These humidifiers are compact but still disperse up to 8 gallons of clean, cool moisturized air for rooms up to 1,700 square feet. A built-in digital humidistat will automatically monitor and adjust the desired humidity level throughout the room keeping you constantly comfortable day and night. These humidifiers are also equipped with a high output evaporative wick which retains minerals and delivers clean and natural moisture into the air (with no traces of white dust). Other features include Ultra Quiet fan setting, automatic shutoff, easy-to-fill 2.4 gallon tank and check filter indicator. Our line of AIRCARE® humidifiers is the perfect choice for those seeking a no-frills, easy-to-use, efficient way to humidify a room at a great value! Covers areas up to 1700 sq. ft.
- Emits cool invisible moisture
- Built-in digital humidistat
- Electronic display shows room and desired humidity
- Desired humidity level settings: 25% - 65%
- 3 fan speeds: ultra quiet low, medium, high
- Auto fan speed
- Auto shut-off with empty indicator
- Evaporative filter wick retains minerals
- Check filter indicator
- Dry-out mode
The AIRCARE® 8-Gallon humidifier uses the principle of evaporation of water in the air. Once the filter wick becomes saturated, air is drawn in, passes through the filter and moisture is absorbed into the air. All evaporation occurs in the humidifier so any residue remains in the filter. This natural process of evaporation virtually eliminates white dust.
To help reduce bacteria growth and keep maximum efficiency, the filter should be replaced at least once per season depending on use or water conditions. It is also recommended to clean the base and tank bi-weekly depending on use.
Made in China.
Expert Review: Courtesy of AllergyBuyersClub.com
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Room Coverage|
|2. Level of Quietness|
|3. Filter Life & Cost of Replacement Cartridges|
|4. Amount of Maintenance Required|
|5. Anti-bacterial Features|
|6. Ease of Filling|
|7. Ease of Operation and Filter Replacement|
|8. Quality of Construction|
|9. Humidistat to select desired humidity level & hygrometer to display the actual humidity in the room|
|10. Frequency of Filling|
|11. Value for Price|
The AIRCARE® 8-Gallon humidifier may not be the best looking or quietest humidifier we have to offer but it is a simple, functional humidifier that will get the job done for those seeking to quickly humidify a larger area with an evaporative cool mist.
- The AIRCARE® 8-Gallon is a simple humidifier that is easy to set up and operate yet will quickly deliver comfortable moisture into the air in a matter of minutes.
- This humidifier can hold up to 2.4 gallons of water yet is compact enough to tuck nicely into a bedroom corner without taking up too much space.
- Includes a digital humidistat to set the desired humidity and a hygrometer to display the actual humidity to monitor its performance.
- Features an auto fan speed which will automatically adjust the proper fan speed depending on room humidity level. This is great for energy savings.
- There is a convenient check filter indicator that will appear after 720 hours of operation. This is nice for those who typically forget when the filter was first used or just simply forgets to change it completely.
- The Dry Mode Feature is an added bonus since it will remove any unwanted moisture, which may produce bacteria and mildew growth, when the tank and base is empty. This will also help prolong the life of the humidifier as it will be completely dried out when stored away for the season.
- This is a simple humidifier that has all of the basic features needed to effectively humidify larger areas at a valuable price.
- The fan noise can be a bit loud, especially on high speed. However, for those who don't mind a faint white noise, the ultra-quiet fan speed can be suitable for a bedroom.
- Depending on use and how hard your water is, it can be rather cumbersome to change filter wicks every 2 – 3 months.
Our AIRCARE® 8 Gallon Cool Mist humidifier is essentially a smaller version of our MoistAir 12-Gallon model and offers all of the same convenient and simple features to get the job done quickly and efficiently. The filter-wick evaporative method delivers clean, natural and cool moisture into the air and helps to alleviate headaches, cracked skin and sinuses. Placing the AIRCARE® 8 Gallon humidifier into a room can also reduce any damage to home furnishings during those dry, cool months. It will humidify a large room up to 1700 square feet and provides 3 fan speeds with the first two speeds being fairly quiet and speed 3 for quick humidifying or to maximize it. There is only one filter wick to replace and it is only necessary once or twice a season. Therefore, the average annual replacement costs are $22 to $43. Like most cool mist evaporative humidifiers there is bi-weekly cleaning with vinegar and water to remove any mineral build-up and monthly cleaning with bleach to prevent bacteria and mold. It has one easy to fill container that holds 1.2 gallons and one can add up to 2.4 gallons of water at a time. Therefore, it may be necessary to refill it during drier conditions where maximum humidification is required. It has easy to use digital controls and the housing is needed to be removed to access and replace the filter wick but it is not very difficult. The construction is a medium grade plastic design that should hold up to regular use. They designed the humidistat to be inside the power cord and this allows for a more accurate reading as it will dangle near the floor in the back of the unit which is where the air is initially drawn in from the room before it is humidified. Our conclusion is that the Moist Air 8 gallon model is a compact, user-friendly humidifier with the ability to humidify a very large area while not taking up much space.
AIRCARE® 8 Gallon MA0800 Humidifier
|Room Coverage||1700 sq. ft.|
|Tank Capacity||2.4 gallons|
|Humidification Performance||Up to 8 gallons/24 hours|
|Humidifier fan speeds||3 fan speeds|
|Power Supply (Volt, Hertz, Watts)||80 watts, 120AC, 60Hz, 1.2 Amps|
|Adjustable humidity control||Yes|
|Dimensions||11" x 17" x 16.5"|
|Warranty||1 yr parts, 2 yrs motor|
Combines three displays for time, temperature and humidity in one simple, user-friendly device. Includes max/min memory with reset for temperature and humidity. Features built-in tilt stand and wall mounting feature.
Availability: Ships out in 2-3 business days, Lower 48 US states only.
Includes one 32 fl. oz. bottle of Bacteriostatic Treatment. Helps control bacteria and algae build-up in the water tank of evaporative humidifiers. Use 1/6 fl. oz. per gallon of water when filling water tank. EPA registered. Made in the USA by Essick Air Products. Item #1970.
For use with all MoistAir evaporative cool mist humidifiers. Not for use with ultrasonic, vaporizers or warm mist humidifiers.
Availability: In Stock. Ships Same or Next Business Day.
Includes 2 wicks. Genuine OEM wicks for AIRCARE® 8-Gallon Humidifier (MA0800). Specially treated to resist mold and mildew. Replace at least once per season depending on use and water conditions. Dimensions: 8" x 26" x 1"
Availability: In Stock. Ships Same or Next Business Day.