Pure Wool 1.5" Mattress Pads with Organic Cotton Cover
Pure Wool Mattress Pads are hypoallergenic with natural untreated and unbleached sheep's' wool. Mattress Pads have elastic straps to fit and protect all mattress sizes. Hand tufted and covered in organic cotton. Good luxury mattress pads for allergy, MCS, multiple chemical sensitivity sufferers.
Availability: Ships within 1.5 week
Description of Pure Wool 1.5" Mattress Pads with Organic Cotton Cover
Experience a restful night's sleep with a extra layer of soft all natural bedding. These cozy pure wool filled mattress pads add support and comfort to any sized mattress.The supple and soft mattress pad is 1.5" of pure wool hand tufted to a organic cotton cover. Organic cotton elastic straps are sewn at the corners for easy attachment to an existing mattress. Our supportive 1.5" mattress pad adds extra comfort to any sleeping surface.
Pure Wool 1.5" Mattress Pads with Organic Cotton Cover are ideal for someone who...
- Wants elastic straps on their mattress pad to secure it on the mattress
- Prefers to make their firm mattress softer without the expense of buying a new mattress
- Has chemical sensitivities, allergies, or MCS, and wants a completely nontoxic, chemical-free, hypoallergenic mattress pad for a comfortable and healthy nights sleep
- Wants an organic and chemical free surface to sleep on
- Would like to extend the life of their mattress with a protective mattress pad
- Wants to discourage growth of mold and mildew on their mattress - wool lined mattress topper helps wick moisture away
- Wants a mattress topper that is a natural dust-mite repellent
- Has general stiffness or an aching back, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, arthritis, or work related injury and needs support for body to help relieve pressure from joints
- Elastic straps hold in place and stretch to fit any size mattress
- Underlying mattress will last longer with a mattress pad on top
- Mattress pad is breathable and naturally repellent to dust mites
- Pure wool is the perfect heat regulator for all seasons for the mattress that is being covered
- Hand tufted
- 100% organic cotton cover
- Unbleached and untreated
Expert Review: Courtesy of AllergyBuyersClub.comIf you are someone who never really thought about the difference a really great mattress pad makes, you are in for a real treat! After using this luxurious, hand-made wool mattress pad, you’ll never go back to a cotton or polyester-filled mattress pad again. Wool is a performance fabric – it breathes, and subsequently, works with your body temperature – you’ll never be too cold or too warm. These mattress pads feature a lightweight layer of wool, hand-tufted, covered in organic cotton, and provide a soft insulating layer of comfort. Extremely absorbent, it also protects the mattress from moisture.
Another advantage to using a wool mattress pad is that it is such a resilient fiber that it will stay "bouncy” longer than cotton or polyester. Although wool mattress pads will compress a bit after use, with proper care, you’ll be enjoying your wool mattress pad for many years to come.
This wool mattress pad is made in the USA by folks who are very particular about the quality of their wool and their craftsmanship – all resulting in a longer life for this product!
- Very luxurious feeling due to high quality wool fibers which creates more "bounce”, and it is covered by a smooth organic cotton cover.
- Gives new life to an existing mattress - Provides a "cloud-type” feeling over the mattress.
- It’s handmade – well constructed with sturdy, wide 100% cotton elastic mattress cover straps will assure that your mattress pad stays in place.
- Good quality stitching; made in the USA with quality craftsmanship.
- Wool is a breathable fabric which maintains and retains body temperature for an extremely comfortable sleep in all seasons.
- Both 1 ½” mattress pad and 3” mattress topper are hand-tufted as opposed to machine quilted. Machine quilting is what is readily available in typical cotton and polyester mattress pads. Hand-tufted has a nicer appearance and is more resilient and flexible in the long-run, in comparison to a machine quilted mattress pad or mattress topper.
- The tufts go through each side of the fabric holding the wool fibers in place. Due to this process, the wool fibers will not shift as much as the machine quilted process. This prevents "holes” in the pads and toppers where fabric has settled.
- Manufacturer specifies this as a 1.5” thick wool pad; more like 1/2 inch thick
- Any wool mattress pad will compress slightly after use
1.5" Organic Wool Mattress Pad
|Size||Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen , Eastern King, California King|
|Materials||Pure wool filling, Organic cotton cover, Elastic Straps|
|Features of mattress topper||Odorless and pure, nontoxic, hypoallergenic, no chemicals, no dyes, no perfumes; Mattress pad has 4 elastic straps sewn into it to secure onto any depth mattress.|
|Size||Twin||Twin XL||Full||Queen||King||Cal. King|
|Weight||6 lbs||6 lbs||8 lbs||9 lbs||12 lbs||12 lbs|